True Fiber 100/30 now 100/100?

rbkk

Recently I have been moved to the True Fiber 100/30, 899Baht package. It was as advertised, 100/30, when I first received it. Yesterday and today it is faster-100/100. Anyone else notice any changes to their True Fiber speeds? 

Screenshot (17).png

That's a great increase of upload speed. On CAT they gave me a massive increase from 45 to 50 upload. LOL.

Where in Thailand are you testing from? I normally get pings in the range of 3 - 5ms from Pattaya to BKK.

If you have some spare time, would you mind testing to a server in Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo?  

Edited by tropo

I'm not with True but it looks like they have put you on the 100/100 plan which costs Bt1999/month....maybe a mistake on their end....maybe tempting you with a short term free upgrade....who knows.

15 minutes ago, Pib said:

I'm not with True but it looks like they have put you on the 100/100 plan which costs Bt1999/month....maybe a mistake on their end....maybe tempting you with a short term free upgrade....who knows.

I doubt many would want to double their monthly fee just to increase upload speed. I wonder how True is with BitTorrent downloading. Do they restrict it?

44 minutes ago, tropo said:

That's a great increase of upload speed. On CAT they gave me a massive increase from 45 to 50 upload. LOL.

Where in Thailand are you testing from? I normally get pings in the range of 3 - 5ms from Pattaya to BKK.

If you have some spare time, would you mind testing to a server in Singapore, Hong Kong and Tokyo?  

Well, it seems as if I am on 100/30! The FALSE readings have come from the speedtest APP which you can see from the screenshots I was told to use as my speeds are above 100. I have put up the tests to the other locations you requested. Also below are my results to Singapore with a better test site.....!

Screenshot (18).png

Screenshot (19).png

Screenshot (20).png

Screenshot (22).png

Screenshot (21).png

Try testing to Bangkok again but change to different server in Bangkok like to CAT or 3BB if you haven't tried them already.  A lot of times Speedtest will default to using the server that matches your ISP if your ISP has a speedtest.net server and maybe using your ISP's server gives a false reading.

Edit: you might want to give the Nperf.com speed tester a try also.

Edited by Pib

8 minutes ago, Pib said:

Try testing to Bangkok again but change to different server in Bangkok like to CAT or 3BB if you haven't tried them already.  A lot of times Speedtest will default to using the server that matches your ISP if your ISP has a speedtest.net server and maybe using your ISP's server gives a false reading.

I always get comparable results to most servers in BKK, including my own (CAT).

18 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Well, it seems as if I am on 100/30! The FALSE readings have come from the speedtest APP which you can see from the screenshots I was told to use as my speeds are above 100. I have put up the tests to the other locations you requested. Also below are my results to Singapore with a better test site.....!

Thank you for that. You needn't have posted screenshots - I would have believed you. LOL

That's fairly good performance as you're getting nearly full speed to those 3 countries. I'm paying a lot more for CAT, so I was interested to see how True compares. How is your reliability and downtime? Do you have any problems with bittorrent downloading being restricted?

Cheers!

31 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

My wife has been paying 295 baht for the same package from TOT

1 hour ago, rbkk said:

Recently I have been moved to the True Fiber 100/30 899Baht package

TGFAF, That's hard to believe because they don't have such an offer.

I'm on Fiber myself and pay 740 baht without the box and phone line. Got a speed of 65/25 now. It was 50 not too long ago. 

http://www.tot.co.th/fiber2u/

8 minutes ago, jenny2017 said:
  1 hour ago, rbkk said:

I'm on Fiber myself and pay 740 baht without the box and phone line. Got a speed of 65/25 now. It was 50 not too long ago. 

It was some kind of a promo which she snapped up while I was in Canada. She's so cheap that she was happy with her 1mb downloads for the past decade, but she did switch because at that time they were offering 50% off.

Anyhow, got the bill in front of me. 295+7% tax

Edit

It's not fiber

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

The speedtest APP is giving false readings, again. It's not to be trusted.....

45 minutes ago, Pib said:

Screenshot (23).png

34 minutes ago, tropo said:

Thank you for that. You needn't have posted screenshots - I would have believed you. LOL

That's fairly good performance as you're getting nearly full speed to those 3 countries. I'm paying a lot more for CAT, so I was interested to see how True compares. How is your reliability and downtime? Do you have any problems with bittorrent downloading being restricted?

Cheers!

I used to be with CAT, I was very happy. The torrents used to flow freely......but, at a price. 

Today  I downloaded  2 torrents:- Masterchef Australia (last nights episode) 20/30% capacity ( at 4pm)....

-Forest Gump (1984 movie 6+GB) (At 4pm) 100% capacity.....

It doesn't make sense. They were roughly equaly seeded..... The more recent torrent should have been faster. 

Overall I'm happy on this package, but I am waiting for a new box as the Huawei HG 8247H  I have had for the last 2+years is only 2.4Ghz wifi (No  5Ghz) so the wifi speed on the mobile phones and tablets is only about half capacity. The engineer ( who visited within 24 hrs) said they had run out of 5Ghz capable boxes in my area! A quick call to True 1242 sorted the problem. A suitable box is scheduled for Friday....

5 hours ago, rbkk said:

I used to be with CAT, I was very happy. The torrents used to flow freely......but, at a price. 

Today  I downloaded  2 torrents:- Masterchef Australia (last nights episode) 20/30% capacity ( at 4pm)....

-Forest Gump (1984 movie 6+GB) (At 4pm) 100% capacity.....

It doesn't make sense. They were roughly equaly seeded..... The more recent torrent should have been faster. 

Overall I'm happy on this package, but I am waiting for a new box as the Huawei HG 8247H  I have had for the last 2+years is only 2.4Ghz wifi (No  5Ghz) so the wifi speed on the mobile phones and tablets is only about half capacity. The engineer ( who visited within 24 hrs) said they had run out of 5Ghz capable boxes in my area! A quick call to True 1242 sorted the problem. A suitable box is scheduled for Friday....

I've been using both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi in the house for years. The problem with 5 GHz is that the signal degrades quickly with distance and you'll be down to 2.4 GHz if you're any distance away from the router or in another room, or on another floor. I have all my PC's wired and use the wireless on some Apple devices. If you're paying for speed, it's nice to be able to use it to full capacity.

10 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

It was some kind of a promo which she snapped up while I was in Canada. She's so cheap that she was happy with her 1mb downloads for the past decade, but she did switch because at that time they were offering 50% off.

Anyhow, got the bill in front of me. 295+7% tax

Edit

It's not fiber

Since  in an earlier post you said she has a 100/30 plan from TOT and now say it's "not" fiber then it must be xVDSL plan because as far as I know TOT does not have Cable/DOCSIS.  With xVDSL plans their top plan speeds are around 75Mb with 50Mb being more common....just a limitation of xVDSL capability.

I think True Online have some current limited Boost promotion maybe for new customers...

100/30 at 799 baht/month gets boosted to 100/100, maybe during some daily time period of up to 12 hours

200/50 at 1,199 baht/month gets boosted to 200/200

300/100 at 1,999 baht/month gets boosted to 300/300

I live in BKK and have consistently been receiving 125+ Download and 37+ Upload. When I switched to servers in SG and HK I got a negligible difference. Looks like they, as others noted, put you on the higher priced program.

Good for you if you have 100 mb download. I'm also have true internet 50/20 and when I check it only have the maximum of approx. 23. Man come check it already 4 times and tell me its slow because I have Belgium laptops  55. that's a very good joke because have 2 uk laptops

On 5/30/2018 at 8:53 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

My wife has been paying 295 baht for the same package from TOT

The power of advertising to fool people. This ability is what makes the personal information harvesting and sale of it so lucrative.

The UK just introduced new advertising laws on this as they have all been quoting speeds that are almost impossible for 99% of their customers to get.

It is the same here.

:angry:

2 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

The power of advertising to fool people. This ability is what makes the personal information harvesting and sale of it so lucrative.

The UK just introduced new advertising laws on this as they have all been quoting speeds that are almost impossible for 99% of their customers to get.

It is the same here.

:angry:

In the contracts you sign in Thailand it's quite clear in the fine print that speeds advertised are "up to" speeds and not guaranteed. Having said that, I get my speeds 100% of the time. I've never done a speed test to a Thailand based server that gave me less than what is advertised plus another 8%. By the look of speedtests I've seen on this thread, I'm not the only one. As soon as you go international, it's a different story and speeds will vary wildly, however speeds to nearby countries remain high. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JayBird said:

I was thinking of trying True Fibre, buy they told me they do not deliver to condos.  I'm guessing you are in a house?

Or is this a Pattaya only restrictions and Bangkok gets fibre?

Depends on the supply and the Condo. If there is a fibre connection and the Condo has fibre to the units it should work, but finding out what is not so easy, only the ping test will help.

2 minutes ago, tropo said:

In the contracts you sign in Thailand it's quite clear in the fine print that speeds advertised are "up to" speeds and not guaranteed. Having said that, I get my speeds 100% of the time. I've never done a speed test to a Thailand based server that gave me less than what is advertised plus another 8%. By the look of speedtests I've seen on this thread, I'm not the only one. As soon as you go international, it's a different story and speeds will vary wildly, however speeds to nearby countries remain high. 

Yes indeed.

My (UK) computer geek told me streaming can depend on the supplier's end too.

Throttling must play a part too...

13 hours ago, JayBird said:

I was thinking of trying True Fibre, buy they told me they do not deliver to condos.  I'm guessing you are in a house?

Or is this a Pattaya only restrictions and Bangkok gets fibre?

I have CAT fiber in a condo, but it's a pretty relaxed setup as there aren't many units in the building. Ultimately the management of the condo will restrict who can wire in services and who cannot. Obviously, they can't run wires from all ISP's into every building. It's best to find out what services are available before signing a rental contract.

On 5/30/2018 at 9:30 PM, jenny2017 said:
  1 hour ago, rbkk said:

This is the 899 100/30 True fiber offer

https://www.ultra-hispeed.com/15951825/โปรโมชั่น-เน็ตทรู-ซูเปอร์สปีด-ไฟเบอร์-100-mbps-899-บาท