Spiriva

Foxy52

Does anyone please know where I can buy Spiriva (tiotropium bromide 18 mg) inhalation capsules? Just been to those three so-called pharmacies at Tha Pae gate, none of which, including Boots, had it. I have an appointment at CM Ram tomorrow, but m reluctant to buy it there s they charge like a wounded rhinoceros. Thank you

1 hour ago, Foxy52 said:

so-called pharmacies

Have you tried highly praised Fascino?

Two stores in CM as I can see.

And even they might have to order it.

Don't expect it to be cheap anyway.

All I see is original stuff from Boehringer Ingelheim (Germany) distributed by Zuellig Pharma Bangkok.

spiriva.jpg

Try Dara pharmacy across from the Dara school, actually accress from what was a das station just east of the school. They have stuff others don't.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks I'll check out Fascino tomorrow as I bought my BP monitor at the one opposite Maharaja hospital last month and they seemed well-stocked. One month's supply cost over THB5K at the Ram, including the inhaler, so hopefully it'll be a bit less elsewhere. Those 'pharmacies' I mentioned seem to be more interested in flogging face cream and skin whiteners to Chinese tourists, but I suppose that's where the money's to be made hereabouts.

23 minutes ago, Foxy52 said:

One month's supply cost over THB5K at the Ram

Seems it's a patent protected/monopoly stuff?

It's not cheap in Europe too.

90 capsules ("refill" without inhaler) for 169 Euro would make about 2500 Baht/month(30 days).

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't a generic version, as I remember writing the tiotropium Asian launch materials for Boehringer-Ingelheim in the mid-1990s. Drug patents rarely last more than 12 years or so

6 hours ago, Foxy52 said:

Thanks I'll check out Fascino tomorrow as I bought my BP monitor at the one opposite Maharaja hospital last month and they seemed well-stocked. One month's supply cost over THB5K at the Ram, including the inhaler, so hopefully it'll be a bit less elsewhere. Those 'pharmacies' I mentioned seem to be more interested in flogging face cream and skin whiteners to Chinese tourists, but I suppose that's where the money's to be made hereabouts.

I would check Dara before going to Fascino. Dara has things many pharmacies don't.

Archived