Ugandan woman arrested for luring compatriots into prostitution in Bangkok

webfact

Ugandan woman arrested for luring compatriots into prostitution in Bangkok

By The Nation

55kab89d5k6bag7kjgeha.jpg

Tourist police have arrested a woman from Uganda for having allegedly lured women from her country into forced prostitution in Bangkok, a senior police officer said.

Deputy tourist police chief Pol Maj-General Surachet Hakpal said Friday that the arrest was made after police found that three of 28 Ugandans arrested in Bangkok this month were victims of human trafficking.

Surachet said the woman was arrested on Thursday and police are now hunting for one Ugandan man and four Ugandan women who are believed to belong to the same gang.

They are suspected of luring Uganda women into forced prostitution by promising them job as housemaids. The women are instead forced into providing sex services on Soi Na Na. They are detained at a condominium and their passports are seized by the gang, Surachet said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30346753

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-01

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

uganda victims into forced prostitution...hmm   what other occupation choices do they have in the kingdom??...architecs ??

What are they doing in Thailand anyways? Tourist? They need to go home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So who are the clients for these Ugandan woman,

Nigerians ,other Africans,cannot be Thai's surely.

regards Worgeordie

As the Thai saying goes, "ไม่ลองก็ไม่รู้ - which loosely translates as, "If you haven't tried, you don't know".

1 minute ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

As the Thai saying goes, "ไม่ลองก็ไม่รู้ - which loosely translates as, "If you haven't tried, you don't know".

I tried ,I know and never again.

regards Worgeordie

• Haha 2

I don't think the police would have much trouble identifying black ladies in the sex trade on the streets. The last few times I have been to soi Nana, I have noticed black women offering themselves to male farangs. Quite frankly, I did not find any of them attractive; mostly 30-40 years of age, overweight, and quite rough and unkempt. Even the old dragons who frequent the street looked better. However, one man's repulsion may be another man's desire.

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

I don't think the police would have much trouble identifying black ladies in the sex trade on the streets. The last few times I have been to soi Nana, I have noticed black women offering themselves to male farangs. Quite frankly, I did not find any of them attractive; mostly 30-40 years of age, overweight, and quite rough and unkempt. Even the old dragons who frequent the street looked better. However, one man's repulsion may be another man's desire.

never judge a book by its cover. But these ladies coming from Africa don't know the rules yet when dealing with the police. When approached by police reach into pocket and hand over the brown envelope and carry on what you were doing. 

9 hours ago, mok199 said:

I have met some highly educated intelligent hard working family orientated Ugandans and I truly respect them,i would like to see more quality Ugandans in the kingdom..alas the bad always seem to leave the stain..

are you insinuating the educated intelligent hard working family orientated Ugandans walk up and down soi nana all evening?

10 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

never judge a book by its cover. But these ladies coming from Africa don't know the rules yet when dealing with the police. When approached by police reach into pocket and hand over the brown envelope and carry on what you were doing. 

As I said; the police have little problem identifying them and I doubt the girls are that naive, bribery of cops is commonplace in Africa. I also believe the cover is a great part of the sex trade; now, if you were looking for substance you may not want to judge it by cover alone. 

14 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

snake catchers

Lion tamers

Mud hut builders

Bone ornament makers

Road kill

Medical experiments on Africans  (save using  expensive  lab monkeys)

plenty of work ops for those that look?

Edited by lanista

13 hours ago, atyclb said:

are you insinuating the educated intelligent hard working family orientated Ugandans walk up and down soi nana all evening?

no..but it appears you are ...in the future, do not distort words ,for your agend,its petty and pathetic...have a good day

Edited by mok199
speliings

8 hours ago, mok199 said:
21 hours ago, atyclb said:

no..but it appears you are ...in the future, do not distort words ,for your agend,its petty and pathetic...have a good day

my intent was precisely what you said, this type of uganda people wont be at nana