Alcohol from 7/11 dispensers: Ban upheld

snoop1130

Alcohol from 7/11 dispensers: Ban upheld

1527839190170-960x0.jpg

The ban on alcohol such as beer being sold via quick dispensers in convenience stores has been upheld.

A ministerial level meeting of the Alcohol Board chaired by Deputy PM Chatrachai Sarikanya confirmed the ban.

Stores such as 7/11 wanted to sell alcohol in plastic cups.

There had been some doubt over the legality of the dispensers after debate on the subject last year.

Thailand has some tough and draconian laws regarding the sale and distribution of alcohol.

The board has also decided to increase the number of alcohol breath testers available to the police though the RTP’s own budget will be used to buy 2,624 of the devices.

The board was told that alcohol consumption in Thailand went down year on year.

In a survey of 46,000 households it was revealed that 28.4% of people aged 15 and over had had alcohol at some time in the last year down from 33.5% previously.

Source: http://www.tnamcot.com/view/5b10f9f6e3f8e4f60685c9a3

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-6-1

and the survey simply asked residents and they believed what they were told, what about using the amount of alcohol sales, would be very accurate but would more than likely show an increase and they dont want that, makes them look bad

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sanemax said:

When I buy self service things like that , I usually fill it up ,have a little drink and then refill it before paying .

I m quite pleased that there will be no selfservice beer available , otherwise I may find myself spending a few hours in 7/11and getting drunk for the price of one beer

I doubt it. The ding dong noise that sounds every time the door opens would drive you mad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KhunFred said:

Anything to hinder the conduct of business. Always the trademark of "ThaiNess".

Can one go into a convenience store in the UK for example and exit holding a plastic cup filled with a fine English ale?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

Can one go into a convenience store in the UK for example and exit holding a plastic cup filled with a fine English ale?

Just what I was thinking ratcatcher , there are enough drunks out there without a fuel stop and the missus bringing over a cold brew for the weary driver.

17 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

You should visit civilized countries like Germany. BigMac tastes much better with a hellles.

3 hours ago, DrTuner said:

You should visit civilized countries like Germany. BigMac tastes much better with a hellles.

I believe you, in civilized Germany you can have a image.jpeg.4116744847c55cde268169e865c510df.jpeg with a hamburger in a restaurant.image.jpeg.466dd4c0ebceff3c55c1a0d853ffade9.jpeg

But can you get a bier in a cup at a German convenience store?  Not a can or bottle, but an open cup.?

2 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

I believe you, in civilized Germany you can have a image.jpeg.4116744847c55cde268169e865c510df.jpeg with a hamburger in a restaurant.image.jpeg.466dd4c0ebceff3c55c1a0d853ffade9.jpeg

But can you get a bier in a cup at a German convenience store?  Not a can or bottle, but an open cup.?

hmmm... been a while.. Not sure as the convenience shops were mom&pop style, but a gas station sold me one last summer together with a bietwurst, enjoyed it at the parking lot leaning to my friends car. An imbiss should sell you one no ploplem. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

In some you can exit holding a plastic cup filled with Sherry from the wood.......Fine, Dry or Cream....in the afternoon between 2pm and 5pm too...

Edited by Jeremia Juxtaposed