Death toll in Tunisian migrant ship accident rises to 60 - IOM

webfact

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Many of those people come from countries where they have overpopulated themselves to the point that the economy is unable to provide enough work. I don't see why, when they have caused their own problems they should be allowed to immigrate to countries with low birth rates and continue to produce large numbers of children and merely transfer their country's failing to another.

The OP is primarily related to Tunisia whose birth rate is rapidly decreasing. Plus it is a known fact that families gaining access to a stable government and a reasonable economy their birth rates decrease in comparison to their origin countries. Same applies to so called 'third world' countries if their general populations access to an improving economy, birth control and education occurs over time. On the other hand, IMO, you're using all inclusive generalised denigration of victims of governments who oppress / exploit their citizens.

20 hours ago, simple1 said:

The OP is primarily related to Tunisia whose birth rate is rapidly decreasing. Plus it is a known fact that families gaining access to a stable government and a reasonable economy their birth rates decrease in comparison to their origin countries. Same applies to so called 'third world' countries if their general populations access to an improving economy, birth control and education occurs over time. On the other hand, IMO, you're using all inclusive generalised denigration of victims of governments who oppress / exploit their citizens.

The port from which the boats depart are in Tunisia, but the people on the boats are not necessarily Tunisians. My post was about all the people attempting to reach Europe and not specifically about Tunisians.

I try not to "denigrate" the travellers themselves, though I'd like all the traffickers imprisoned for life.

I just don't want them swamping western countries with an alien culture.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The port from which the boats depart are in Tunisia, but the people on the boats are not necessarily Tunisians. My post was about all the people attempting to reach Europe and not specifically about Tunisians.

I try not to "denigrate" the travellers themselves, though I'd like all the traffickers imprisoned for life.

I just don't want them swamping western countries with an alien culture.

The OP claims the majority on the OP boat and those who drowned were Tunisian nationals. 

From your post...

"I try not to "denigrate" the travellers themselves", then the all encompassing, "swamping western countries with an alien culture" - LOL

Edited by simple1
  • Sad 2

On 6/5/2018 at 11:36 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

As long as Europe keeps accepting such arrivals by illegal means, expect more such tragedies.  Perhaps it's time to change to the Australian solution, which works.

The Australian solution ?????

You mean Concentration Camps???

Or do you mean the solution to keep them outside of Europe? The best would be to build a high voltage fence around Europe?? Like former East Germany?

• Confused 1