Unconfirmed Report re TM30 Enforcement

About 45 minutes ago,some guy named Sam Neuts posted a rather alarmist post in General Topics. Can the various experts here assess his remarks, and give us an indication what parts might be true ? He doesn't cite any sources, and gives no indication if he is commenting on a nationwide basis, or with particular reference to Pattaya, where he apparently lives. By sheer coincidence, I went to the Kap Cheung (Surin) Immigration office today, to do my TM 30, as I had moved 3 days ago.  Nothing was said to me about having to present the completed TM 30 when I do my next 90 day report next month. (My move was from one location in Surin to another in the same perovince.) Of note - they did not reset my 90 day clock today, as they did when I first moved into Surin in 2016 from another province.

• Like 1

It is mostly incorrect. 

What is required depends upon your local immigration office.

Certainly not needed when doing a 90 day report unless you have moved.

The TM30 reporting has been discussed in many topics already.

19 hours ago, allane said:

Nothing was said to me about having to present the completed TM 30 when I do my next 90 day report next month

But isn't the completed, most up-to-date TM30 attached to a page in your passport, which makes it available to be seen by an IO every time you complete your 90 day report.

Regards,

Joe

Edited by Shoeless Joe
typo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, allane said:

The TM 30 is the form completed by the owner when a new resident moves in.  You are confusing it with the receipt portion of the 90 day notification form.

There is a receipt portion of the TM30 form as well - which, like its 90-day notification counterpart, should also be stapled to your passport. That, I think, was what @Shoeless Joe had in mind.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, allane said:

The TM 30 is the form completed by the owner when a new resident moves in.  You are confusing it with the receipt portion of the 90 day notification form.

You have to report at immigration with a TM30 filled within 24 hours of entering the country again, no matter how long you have lived at your address. That is what it says now on my 90 day report slip, but in theory it is the home owners responsibility. it's all completely crazy of course when some offices are doing it and others not.

Had this explained at length yesterday by a senior officer, TM6 with your address on the day before is 'different' apparently.

Edited by Orton Rd

8 hours ago, Shoeless Joe said:

But isn't the completed, most up-to-date TM30 attached to a page in your passport, which makes it available to be seen by an IO every time you complete your 90 day report.

Regards,

Joe

No, it has never been for me.

But even if it was, what would stop you from unstapling it?

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

You have to report at immigration with a TM30 filled within 24 hours of entering the country again, no matter how long you have lived at your address. That is what it says now on my 90 day report slip, but in theory it is the home owners responsibility. it's all completely crazy of course when some offices are doing it and others not.

Had this explained at length yesterday by a senior officer, TM6 with your address on the day before is 'different' apparently.

There is no mention of a TM30 form on my report slips, and that was last week.

If the owner has completed a TM30 form, the tenant will not have the slip.

34 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

No, it has never been for me.

But even if it was, what would stop you from unstapling it?

Why WOULD you unstaple it? That would be a stupid and unnecessary thing to do, so common sense would stop me.

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

Stupid is not switching your brain on. I don't have time to explain again.

Agreed. Please switch it on next time you post.

Edited by tropo

1 hour ago, tropo said:

There is no mention of a TM30 form on my report slips, and that was last week.

If the owner has completed a TM30 form, the tenant will not have the slip.

90 day slip does not actually say TM30, it says in Thai and English you must report to immigration within 24 hours of arrival, in rather small type with no mention of penalty for not doing so. Stamped on in blue ink 

43 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

90 day slip does not actually say TM30, it says in Thai and English you must report to immigration within 24 hours of arrival, in rather small type with no mention of penalty for not doing so. Stamped on in blue ink 

What immigration office did that stamp?

Nothing like that on mine and no reports of other offices doing it.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

What immigration office did that stamp?

Nothing like that on mine and no reports of other offices doing it.

Been asked this already by another Mod- Samut Prakan,  only started this year as far as I know, and they will fine you with a receipt if you fail to show up and will not process an extension without the paperwork from the TM30, that they clip in passport.

Edited by Orton Rd

Ubon Joe - Is anyone able to clarify if the place of residence information (submitted on the TM 30) is erased when a foreigner leaves Thailand ? If the information is now being deliberately erased every time a foreigner leaves (even if he has obtained a Re-entry Permit), it would follow logically that he/the owner would have to file a new TM 30 upon his return.

Edited by allane
x

I find it interesting that the departure card t.m.6 (new veesion)has a notice on it saying an alien has to notify immigration of address if staying more than 90 days. Obviously not true as I was at Jomtien Immigration last week watching 1 out of 2 people being fined 1600 b for not reporting address within 24 hours.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, allane said:

Ubon Joe - Is anyone able to clarify if the place of residence information (submitted on the TM 30) is erased when a foreigner leaves Thailand ? If the information is now being deliberately erased every time a foreigner leaves (even if he has obtained a Re-entry Permit), it would follow logically that he/the owner would have to file a new TM 30 upon his return.

It is not erased. It is still valid.

But some offices and people claim you need to do a new report since you have a new TM6 card number. 

IMO a new one is not needed unless you change your address. Many offices state that as well.

2 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

I find it interesting that the departure card t.m.6 (new veesion)has a notice on it saying an alien has to notify immigration of address if staying more than 90 days. Obviously not true as I was at Jomtien Immigration last week watching 1 out of 2 people being fined 1600 b for not reporting address within 24 hours.

The 90 day report mentioned and the one you wrote about are not the same report.

They are fining people for a TM30 report not being done.

I only asked the question in my Post #20, because someone in the thread to which I referred to in my OP said that the TM30 information is now being erased when a foreigner leaves the country. (Post #75, page 5) As always, it is very hard to guess how much knowledge posters have about the subject.

Edited by allane
xx

The 90 day report mentioned and the one you wrote about are not the same report.
They are fining people for a TM30 report not being done.
Thanks Joe. Was more commenting on the different signals sent. Arriving for the first time and reading the info on the departure card would tell a newcomer they don't need to report anywhere. I only found out about it from Thai Visa otherwise would have been up for 1600 baht fine.

22 minutes ago, Chrisdoc said:

Thanks Joe. Was more commenting on the different signals sent. Arriving for the first time and reading the info on the departure card would tell a newcomer they don't need to report anywhere. I only found out about it from Thai Visa otherwise would have been up for 1600 baht fine.

Immigration does not mention the TM30 form requirements on the arrival card since the greatest majority of people entering the country would not have to worry about it since they would be staying in hotels during their holiday. Hotels should do the report.

Only those wanting to do something at a immigration office would have to worry about the TM30 reporting.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I reported on May 25 to the Jomtien office. There is no such blue ink stamp on my reporting slip or my wife's... which could be a good sign for Jomtien. Maybe they've given up this foolishness... or it could mean the officer forgot to stamp them.

More reports from Jomtien please.... Did they stamp this annotation on your reporting slip?

Edited by tropo

6 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

tm30.jpg

Which office was this from? I didn't get this stamp last week in Jomtien. It's also interesting to note that the stamp only indicates you should report if you leave Thailand, not after going somewhere else within Thailand. That was a rather contentious issue.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration does not mention the TM30 form requirements on the arrival card since the greatest majority of people entering the country would not have to worry about it since they would be staying in hotels during their holiday. Hotels should do the report.

Only those wanting to do something at a immigration office would have to worry about the TM30 reporting.

If I go to stay in BKK for a few days, the hotel would submit a TM30, right?.. superseding and replacing any TM30 that was done in Pattaya. I stay in hotels in BKK every year but have never had a problem with TM30 non-compliance at the Jomtien office. No one has ever mentioned a TM30, for extensions, re-entry permits, change of address or reporting. The mind boggles at the inconsistencies at the Jomtien office.

To the extent that I can determine, after sifting through all this verbiage, there seems to be a distinction between having been away for overnight travel within Thailand, and overnight travel beyond Thailand's borders. It is probably too early to expect consistency from the various Immigration offices.

To Tropo: The above was typed after I read your Post # 29.  At that time, I was unaware you had typed 2 more posts just above it. Orton Rd. has said he lives in Smut Prakan.

Edited by allane
xx