PayPal UK can link UK USD bank to transfer out of paypal

Can anyone confirm if this can be done?

Have a PayPal UK account. Transfers in GBP go to  £ UK bank

Have funds arriving in USD too, have a USD bank account with UK bank.

Can I link my USD UK account to PayPal to transfer from pp to USD UK account?

I think I can but maybe I'm missing something?

I had this same issue with PayPal UK a couple of years back. USD being paid to my PayPal UK account which was linked to a UK (Jersey) bank account that can receive GBP/USD + other currencies.

Paypal refused to transfer the funds as USD, indicating that they can only send the funds as GBP. So, lost out on both their extortionate charges but also their extremely poor exchange conversions.

Maybe they have changed or possibly I was given duff info by them. In any case I have not used their service again and will not in the future unless absolutely no alternative due to the type of transaction. Bunch of sharks.

20 minutes ago, dabhand said:

I had this same issue with PayPal UK a couple of years back. USD being paid to my PayPal UK account which was linked to a UK (Jersey) bank account that can receive GBP/USD + other currencies.

Paypal refused to transfer the funds as USD, indicating that they can only send the funds as GBP. So, lost out on both their extortionate charges but also their extremely poor exchange conversions.

Maybe they have changed or possibly I was given duff info by them. In any case I have not used their service again and will not in the future unless absolutely no alternative due to the type of transaction. Bunch of sharks.

I have been looking online and it looks like you can link a USD bank in uk to transfer funds recieved in USD from PP to UK based USD account.

But there always seems to be a but where PP is concerned, hence.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

I have been looking online and it looks like you can link a USD bank in uk to transfer funds recieved in USD from PP to UK based USD account.

But there always seems to be a but where PP is concerned, hence.

Maybe I was rejected because I had already set up my UK bank account as GBP. Perhaps setting up an account as USD might be the solution but I just gave up in the end as PP UK were not too forthcoming with any solution to the issue.

16 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Maybe I was rejected because I had already set up my UK bank account as GBP. Perhaps setting up an account as USD might be the solution but I just gave up in the end as PP UK were not too forthcoming with any solution to the issue.

By sounds of it yes. I used to use PP loads until 2014 for US funds and only just began using it again and now it shows separate currency funds for funds based on currency. I'm sure that was not there before. I'm gonna call them. Will update.

• Like 1