Trump dangles White House visit for North Korea’s Kim if summit goes well

webfact

8 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I´ve already explained this in another thread. Starting to get boring.
I give you one example, though. Kim did visit China and talked to president Xi a lot. Many meetings in secret, but with the preassure from him and many other asian countries, he have shifted in his stance against Trump and US. They simply put preassure on him to gain stability in the asian economic sector.

Just not going to arse myself with explaining more, due to that it´s a waste of time. 

So, what kind of pressure did China apply? Did they threaten to stop  breaking the sanctions against North Korea that were imposed by the US and UN?  Could be. Could also be that they knew that if they continued to break sanctions they were next in the queue for sanctions.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Obama didn't agree to meet with NK, did he? 

I guess that means you didn't watch the video.  It's only three minutes long, and your question will be answered in the first ten seconds.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, attrayant said:

I guess that means you didn't watch the video.  It's only three minutes long, and your question will be answered in the first ten seconds.

No, I read the article. I don't watch news videos, but if you've got a transcript I'll read it.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I´ve already explained this in another thread. Starting to get boring.
I give you one example, though. Kim did visit China and talked to president Xi a lot. Many meetings in secret, but with the preassure from him and many other asian countries, he have shifted in his stance against Trump and US. They simply put preassure on him to gain stability in the asian economic sector.
Just not going to arse myself with explaining more, due to that it´s a waste of time. 

Although Trump did publicly say to China , "You sort NK out, OR I WILL" , which was the reason why China had a word with Kim .

So, the meeting between Kim and China was because of Trump

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, attrayant said:

OK, I watched your video. That was brutal and reaffirmed to me why I shouldn't watch any of that crap. Anyhow, just like in the article it says Obama said (while on the campaign trail) he would be willing to meet with America's enemies. So he said he'd do something and then he didn't. Is that the takeaway here? If so, that's not exactly a revelation.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, attrayant said:

How strange. Is that some kind of phobia or something?

It's not a news video, it's a collage of snippets from broadcast new outlets criticizing Obama for agreeing to meet with NK leaders, spliced with clips of the exact same anchors lavishing praise upon Trump for doing the same exact thing, so I don't think there will be a transcript available.  If double standards make you uncomfortable, I can understand why you wouldn't want to see it.  The resulting feelings of cognitive dissonance would be unbearable for you.

It's not a phobia. It's just a choice as I don't watch TV. I think most TV reportage is superficial, slanted, targeted to people that nod their heads in agreement and filled with crap just to fill in the now 24 hour news cycle, and of course sell the products of their sponsors.  I liked it better when the news came on at 6 for half an hour.

Edited by lannarebirth
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

So he sid he'd do something and then he didn't. Is that the takeaway here?

No. It's the double standard on the front-end, regardless of what the results might be.  Also, it takes two to tango.  NK made lots of demands (mostly humanitarian) as preconditions for meetings, which previous administrations sometimes accepted and got burned on when NK reneged, or didn't accept and hence no meeting.

• Like 1

Just now, attrayant said:

No. It's the double standard on the front-end, regardless of what the results might be.  Also, it takes two to tango.  NK made lots of demands (mostly humanitarian) as preconditions for meetings, which previous administrations sometimes accepted and got burned on when NK reneged, or didn't accept and hence no meeting.

You mean the news personalities? Who gives a shit what they think? They're just they're to sell erectile dysfunction ads.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I take it that’s the end of you complaining about MSN bias.

Actually, I didn't even know Microsoft had a news site. Just checked it out and was surprised to see this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/romney-predicts-4-more-years-for-trump/ar-AAymy8b?li=BBnbcA1

I don't think I'll be revisiting.

7 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s a typo.

my mistake (I admit).

Try MSM (but I’m guessing you worked that out anyway).

Sure I think the MSM is biased. Either to provide a platform that confirms the biases of ts viewership or to further its own corporate agenda. Channels like FOX and MSNBC the former. Channels like CNN and BBC the latter.

Just rember Donald this I sent some contractor you are trying to rip off it’s a wee bit more serious than that!The N K have been trying to get a meeting with the president for years tha previous administrations said no they have the wisdom not to validate a murderous tyrant 

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Just rember Donald this I sent some contractor you are trying to rip off it’s a wee bit more serious than that!The N K have been trying to get a meeting with the president for years tha previous administrations said no they have the wisdom not to validate a murderous tyrant 

Yeah, and they've been trying to get a nuclear bomb and ballistic missiles for years too. And while previous administrations in their wisdom said no to engagement, NK just went ahead and made them. For those of us not accustomed to perpetual failure, your reasoning makes little sense.

This man has to be one of the worst negotiators I have ever seen. The art of the deal? Fake news. He cannot make a deal to save his life. Sure, he made some deals with some unsuspecting investors, who got fleeced, and some people desperate to sell buildings. But, when it comes to real negotiations? He is completely out of his element. Kim has already taken him for a ride, and the summit has not even happened yet. This has already gone from "we will not meet the North Koreans unless we get major concessions and promises in advance of the summit", to "well, it is only going to be a meet and greet sort of thing, and I do not have to prepare, because this is all about tude baby. And I have attitude in spades. I am ready. Boy, am I ready!"

To define this guy as a loser would be an insult to the losers of the world. Sure, he has a stolen fortune. Nearly anyone can make alot of money if they are willing to lie, cheat and steal. Most of us are not pathological, desperate enough, greedy enough, or lacking in conscience to the level Tiny D. is. There was a reason why he was party to 3,600  lawsuits, at the time he took office. What kind of hooligan is party to that many lawsuits? As stated above, it is alot easier to fleece a small contractor, than a guy like Kim, who is worth ten times what Donald is really worth, which is probably a billion, or less. And there is no doubt who the smarter and more cunning man in the room will be. And it will not be tiny d.

Triple D. (draft dodging donald) - moving America backwards at an alarming clip. Lowering the quality of life, for the average American, while making his friends, and the clients of every lobbyist who has ever asked anything of him, richer. Re-populating the swamp with incompetent crocodiles. 

The art of losing talent in droves, and replacing them with sycophantic fools, devoid of talent or experience. 

The art of attempting to lead a nation, while being infected with the thinnest skin of a world leader, in history. 

The art of not having a diplomatic bone in his body, and destroying long held alliances, with hate, hubris and a horrible lack of intelligence, vision and talent.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 2

On 6/9/2018 at 11:20 AM, spidermike007 said:

This man has to be one of the worst negotiators I have ever seen. The art of the deal? Fake news. He cannot make a deal to save his life. Sure, he made some deals with some unsuspecting investors, who got fleeced, and some people desperate to sell buildings. But, when it comes to real negotiations? He is completely out of his element. Kim has already taken him for a ride, and the summit has not even happened yet. This has already gone from "we will not meet the North Koreans unless we get major concessions and promises in advance of the summit", to "well, it is only going to be a meet and greet sort of thing, and I do not have to prepare, because this is all about tude baby. And I have attitude in spades. I am ready. Boy, am I ready!"

To define this guy as a loser would be an insult to the losers of the world. Sure, he has a stolen fortune. Nearly anyone can make alot of money if they are willing to lie, cheat and steal. Most of us are not pathological, desperate enough, greedy enough, or lacking in conscience to the level Tiny D. is. There was a reason why he was party to 3,600  lawsuits, at the time he took office. What kind of hooligan is party to that many lawsuits? As stated above, it is alot easier to fleece a small contractor, than a guy like Kim, who is worth ten times what Donald is really worth, which is probably a billion, or less. And there is no doubt who the smarter and more cunning man in the room will be. And it will not be tiny d.

Triple D. (draft dodging donald) - moving America backwards at an alarming clip. Lowering the quality of life, for the average American, while making his friends, and the clients of every lobbyist who has ever asked anything of him, richer. Re-populating the swamp with incompetent crocodiles. 

The art of losing talent in droves, and replacing them with sycophantic fools, devoid of talent or experience. 

The art of attempting to lead a nation, while being infected with the thinnest skin of a world leader, in history. 

The art of not having a diplomatic bone in his body, and destroying long held alliances, with hate, hubris and a horrible lack of intelligence, vision and talent.

You ever going to back up your tirades with facts or is this just another dip into your "I Hate Trump" folder on your desktop?

I'm stocking up on crow and humble pie. I'm going to make a fortune in here.

Perhaps many of you have missed the fact that there are No Reporters nor photographers allowed on the island during the meeting(s).

The meeting has been set up in Singapore with the Singaporean government providing high security with their military. The Singaporean government has already tried and convicted Kim for ordering the murder of his brother in their country. 

I see an extremely likely scenario where Kim tries to play President Trump. President Trump walks out of the meeting. The Singaporean military arrest Kim and all who have attended with him without the press watching. Pompeo meets with Kim at the prison outside the execution chamber and says President Trump can help but you need to... :wai: 

• Haha 1