Knife murder in Bangkok - man in custody after concert violence

webfact

Knife murder in Bangkok - man in custody after concert violence

5pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A 20 year old man is in custody after a 16 year old boy was knifed to death following a concert in the early hours of this morning.

A woman and a man who came to the victims aid are in hospital. The woman is critical with a neck wound.

Dead at the scene of the concert at the Number One Market in Ramkhamhaeng Soi 2 was 16 year old Attanong Sorn-im. He had a stab wound to the left side of the chest and wounds to his stomach and head.

Nearby a green sheath of 12 centimeters in length was found and taken into evidence by Udom Suk police.

Two other victims were at the scene. Wutkrai Chaiso, 26, and Miss Ampha Saowayong, 28. Both had neck wounds and were taken to Piyamin Hospital.

Ampha is in a critical condition.

Security personnel at the concert managed to stop 20 year old Nopparat Daengkert a resident of Chalernprakiat Soi 55.

He was found with a 12 cm long knife and reportedly admitted his involvement, said Thai Rath.

He has been charged with murder and assault.

Witnesses said that at the concert an altercation erupted between two groups on separate tables.

One man had shouted earlier: "Whoever chatted up my girlfriend is gonna get stabbed".

The injured victims are believed to have come to the aid of their friend who died.

Police are looking for others involved in the incident.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-08

When warnings of catastrophe of injury, death, prison, anguish, grief, penury all ignored,  just like that in a few minutes this idiot flushed his life  and anyone who cares about him down the toilet.....

Edited by ezzra

An absolute scumbag.

Are there any stop and searches in Thailand by the police? I keep reading about people walking around with guns on them and now knifes.

Once again, Thai mentality of not thinking of the consequences before they act, it seems the loss of face is so extreme that one could not survive it without killing the other. 

Absolute madness! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

An absolute scumbag.

Are there any stop and searches in Thailand by the police? I keep reading about people walking around with guns on them and now knifes.

you bet, police stop and search taxi passenger and if they find a can of beer threaten you with going to jail and paying 20,000 baht but agree to 5000 cash

• Like 2

Perhaps I'm old-fashioned, but another case of a kid out in the early hours of the morning? Another case of 'don't give a damn' parenting? When I was 16 I had to be home by midnight, or else. It's called discipline, which never did me any harm or to anyone else I've ever met.

20 hours ago, Get Real said:

Maybe he should have been man enough to care for his girlfriend, so she no need to get "chatted up". 

He should have the maturity and confidence to be unconcerned about his GF talking to other people . 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 12:15 AM, Vacuum said:

To talk of thai mentality as if this a thai type crime only is silly.

On 6/8/2018 at 12:15 AM, Vacuum said:

No, it's not.

On 6/8/2018 at 8:14 AM, Expatthailover said:

Oh yes it is

From what I've read in Thai news reports over the last couple of years, it's not uncommon to see violence (including stabbing) at Thai concerts. I've been to hundreds of concerts in other countries without hearing about or seeing violence by concert goers.