Dutch Ambassador raises Phuket road safety concerns

rooster59

Dutch Ambassador raises Phuket road safety concerns 

The Phuket News

image.jpg

From left: Dutch Honorary Consul for Phuket Seven Smulders, Dutch Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Kees Pieter Rade, Vice Governor Thawornwat Kongkaew. Deputy Commander of the Phuket Provincial Police Lt Col Sakchai Limcharoen, and Chief of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Phuket office (DDPM-Phuket) Prapan Kanprasang. Photo: PR Dept

PHUKET: The Dutch Ambassador to Thailand on Thursday met with a Vice Governor of Phuket where road safety concerns – along with other issues – were discussed.

The meeting took place at 10am on Thursday (June 7) at Phuket City Hall with Vice Governor Thawornwat Kongkaew, Deputy Commander of the Phuket Provincial Police Lt Col Sakchai Limcharoen, Chief of the Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Phuket office (DDPM-Phuket) Prapan Kanprasang, Dutch Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Kees Pieter Rade and Dutch Honorary Consul for Phuket Seven Smulders in attendance.

The meeting was a chance for all in attendance to discuss provincial policy strategies in the tourism sector and also the safety of Dutch tourists in Phuket.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dutch-ambassador-raises-phuket-road-safety-concerns-67440.php#up40KQjm3CwCwTqR.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-06-09

1 minute ago, happy chappie said:

I doubt if the Dutch ambassador popping in and having a chat about road safety is going to do anything in making the roads in Thailand any safer.what a waste of time and tax payers money.

I'll bet he gets TDY  pay for his trip.

I was under the impression that the ambassador was there to represent the concerns of his country. Im I to believe that the  Dutch are very concerned with Phuket road safety? 

The Netherlands just introduced the 'plastic road' road construction with recycled plastic and super wear resistant, yet after economic lifespan, can be recycled again for the same use.(source Volkskrant 8-6-2018) they might talked about that too

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:
Moreover, the Phuket Provincial Transport Office can also accommodate tourists by providing them with a temporary driving licence,’ V/Gov Thawornwat said.

Is it true?

Yes, anybody can apply for the 2 year temporary license. If in possession of home license only requirements are certificate of residence (so visit to immigration) and colour etc. tests.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arithai12 said:
Moreover, the Phuket Provincial Transport Office can also accommodate tourists by providing them with a temporary driving licence,’ V/Gov Thawornwat said.

Is it true?

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Yes, anybody can apply for the 2 year temporary license. If in possession of home license only requirements are certificate of residence (so visit to immigration) and colour etc. tests.

from the context, I thought that he was talking about something else.

4 hours ago, stevenl said:

I done this myself in Phuket on a SETV 18 months ago, was easy - checked on here for what was needed, got in at opening and was out just over an hour later with a 2 year Temp for both car and bike (as I had both qualifications on my UK Licence and had an IDP also) Due to renew this December...

Right. I've lost my patience. 

I'm off to Home Pro  to buy some white spray cans. 

I'll get a timer rigged up under my car with the spray cans and while I drive,  lines will be painted on the roads. 

My wheel alignment is a bit off so won't be straight but at least something. 

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

man, he talk double Dutch, he nothing to do with this country, Thai know best, we have no problems here, (said whilst head buried in the sand)

The Thais need to be careful. As the Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary he could declare war if he became severely miffed.