What the (Thai) builders did.

lemonjelly

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I hate those steep staircases.

Puts me right off a property seeing them. Dangerous and ugly.

More like ladders. As an added bonus they put the 2 short ones on top to really trip people up.

I know they do it to add floor space but there really should be building codes on some things.

Yea, I said "codes" ?

I bought my bit of land and house as a package. I had been in their show house which was OK except the steep staircase, so with a bit of thought l got them to change the layout a little to improve things. I ended up with an acceptable stair angle.Sorry, bad photo..

Photo1167-001.jpg.4ea5e2948bc393aec296bdcb29197cbf.jpg

Photo1170-001.jpg.3c6da69809f0d5a5f7135af4828dbb09.jpg

More like ladders. As an added bonus they put the 2 short ones on top to really trip people up.
I know they do it to add floor space but there really should be building codes on some things.
Yea, I said "codes" [emoji6]

Hang on, the neighbors (same house design) have normal stairs, but the stairs in the photo... the treader has become the riser, and that is so short that it only takes about ¾ of my foot when going downstairs.... deadly. Surely, if the stairs had been installed the right way up, same angle etc; the floor space would be the same. It’s the house my gf’s mum rents.... it was for sale but nobody wants it lol

Sent from my shed using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Surely, if the stairs had been installed the right way up, same angle etc; the floor space would be the same.

The staircase opening would have to be larger for the bigger (normal) treads & without the steep risers you would need another step or two, or three......... lol

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

it only takes about ¾ of my foot when going downstairs.... deadly.

No doubt! Especially when they can't even make those gigantic risers the same height. Gota love that shorty at the second landing.

Archived