Free 4-strain Influenza Vaccine 2018 from Aetna

Trujillo

I have BUPA coverage, which is now Aetna. 

I got this text: 
 You're entitled to a free flu vaccination from Aetna. Pls show your unique code xxxxx for redemption by 15Aug18

Anyone know if this is worth having or will it make me sick or lethargic or give me the flu? 

Influenza is a virus. It’s not possible to get the influenza virus from the influenza vaccine. There may be other side effects that are easily found on the web....but influenza isn’t one of them.

if you’re old then the risk of having complications from contracting the influenza virus are increased.

Its an individual choice. I have one every year.

Got it a few days ago. Go to McCormick Hospital. They'll need to see the message on your phone for the code in the message. Bring your BUPA card and passport. All free. Only not recommended if you're allergic to eggs. It's the same influenza vaccine that's given every year in the US. Flu season starts about July here. Vaccine is good for one year. Lowers your chance of getting the flu and if you do, lowers the effects considerably. I've been doing for years both here and the US.

In England I used to have my flu shots in March, as that was the recommended month for the vaccine to be at it`s most effective.

In Thailand I`ve always had my flu shots either in October or November, as again that was the recommended month for the vaccine to be at it`s most effective. Check it out because having the shots other than the recommended months maybe a waste of time.

Archived