Magicsee box?

Wandr

Some users have recommended that we buy an Android TV box from Lazada.

When I looked at Lazada the Magicsee boxes were the ones being sold most prominently.

However, I have been unable to find any information about then in this forum.

Has anyone used one of them, and what is the verdict? Also, do they come loaded with useful software from Lazada?

I would use them for general purposes, like watching a bit of US/UK TV, and watching movies.

Thanks.

I do not have any experience of this particular box, but I recently bought a TX9 Pro from Lazada which I find to be good. All boxes should be preloaded with software to get you started. The main thing is that you should go for the latest version of Android and as many GBs as you can afford.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 6/13/2018 at 7:08 AM, Wandr said:

Has anyone used one of them, and what is the verdict?

I sell Android boxes for a living, and the Magicsee Iron S905X is rubbish, and then I'm very kind. I don't have experience with the S912 version.

All Android boxes come with Kodi or a Kodi fork installed, but the mistake many people make is that Kodi is just an empty media player, and everything you are interested in you need to install and update by yourself.

In the boxes that you buy online a build may be installed, but it will be outdated already, so most of the stuff won't even load and and there maybe some malware installed as well.

So first thing you do when ordering a box online is remove everything, and that doesn't mean a factory reset, because that will reinstall evrything in the same way it arrived. So you will have to remove all apps manually, and first clear data first, then start all over again only installing what you want.

Obviously, since all what you are interested in is grey area, it is not available from Playstore and needs updated frequently because the developers play cat and mouse with the copyright holders.

There are thousands of addons, which you can find if you spend some time on the internet, but in fact only a small percentage of those addons work satisfyingly.

Good luck in your quest