Man arrested for attempted rape of foreign tourist in Chiang Mai

webfact

1 minute ago, Darcula said:

Takes her to where she doesn't want to go, tries to have sex with her, admits he decides to rob her instead when she starts screaming. She files complaint with the police. Still gets benefit of doubt, and escapes attempted rape charges.

Correct... Now you're getting the hang of it, even with your insinuating italic letters ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

In France you angry 15 for attempted rape?

That would be more then as for attempted murder?

I just read the law ( because I didn't know it ) : in France, attempted rape is punished the same as a rape, 15 years; if it's a rape on a vulnerable person ( let's say "handicape " ), it's 20 years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If a ladyboy pulls up in a car next to me and says, 'hello big boy, get in'

I say 'no, thanks' and walk away, even if I'd quite like a lift, I consider this common sense.

did you read the article? i suspect not, he was wearing a shirt from her hotel.

The 23 year old tourist had been walking around Muang district of the northern Thai city when she noticed Wuthisak who was wearing a t-shirt with the name of the hotel that she was staying at.

people make mistakes. sometimes bad ones.

but im more interested in why you would think a "female chines tourist" in particular would be immune to poor judgement.

personally i suspect you just wanted to make a comment, despite having nothing to say.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 10:27 PM, KiChakayan said:

Amazing Thailand, attempted rape is rape, hence 15 years imprisonment in France, 14 in Australia... 

He will get away with a 1000 Bahts fine. 

won't get 14 years in australia , maybe 1 or 2 years Australia is a joke with crime and time, you can kill someone or kid with a king hit and get off

On 6/13/2018 at 2:04 PM, webfact said:

She asked for a lift with Wuthisak. But instead of taking her to the hotel he took her to the scene of the crime where he allegedly tried to rape her

Whenever someone takes you to the scene of the crime, you just KNOW that something bad is about to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 10:56 PM, BritManToo said:

Instead of having consensual sex with her?

I would take a woman screaming as meaning 'no', despite the obvious language difficulties.

(what is 'no' in Chinese?)

Ive met many chinese gals here, all but one spoke English very well, may be why I enjoy spending time with them over thai gals, and they dont ask me for money either! ?

• Confused 1