Eight road accident heroes set to meet the prime minister next Tuesday

webfact

Eight road accident heroes set to meet the prime minister next Tuesday

561000006188001.jpg

Pictures (3) Manager Online

Eight people who helped a family after an accident in Si Khiw district of Nakorn Ratchasima on Tuesday have been invited to meet PM Prayut Chan-ocha at government house next week.

Korat governor Wichian Jantharanothai said that the eight were a fine example to the nation.

561000006188002.jpg

Prayut has already praised the heroes and will now formally congratulate them. Four have already received awards from the Ratchamongkhon Isaan University of Technology.

The accident involved a car with a man driving and woman passenger that lost control and traversed the central reservation on the Mitraphap Highway (Friendship Highway) in Si Khiw district. There were children aged one and two in the car.

Members of the public pulled the victims to safety before an inferno consumed the car that caused the accident. The two young children were not seriously hurt but both adults suffered serious injury.

561000006188005.jpg

The eight heroes were named by the governor as follows:

1. Wijit Sepsai - a Korat factory worker who used a fire extinguisher to douse the flames.

2. Jiratya Khopking - a phu yai ban who rescued the female child from the wreckage

3. Prasit Saraban - pictured helping the female child in the nappy escape

4. Watcharin Leuaypen - who helped the woman with the broken leg and the trapped man.

5. Buanpong Phrombutr - a trainee at the university who helped Watcharin pull the man to safety.

6. Udomdech Prasertchaichokedee - who helped pull the woman to safety and thereafter filmed the event.

7. Jakraphan Jakrakaew - a heavy machinery engineer for his role in extinguishing the blaze and pulling the man to safety.

8. Amornthep Meemark - a university trainee who helped Jakraphan extinguish the flames.

All will meet the prime minister on his return from a European trip next Tuesday, June 19th, reported Manager.

It was originally reported that up to ten other people drove on without offering assistance.

Source: Manager Online

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-15

10 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

They probably have no choice. To deny him the opportunity to make a big man of himself would be to do so at their peril.

All I can think about are all those idiots, or democrats as they are called in Thailand, who staged protests in the streets.  Even with her derelictions, she was so much better than the junta.   We can only hope Thailand will learn her lesson when it comes to taking the "quick and easy route".  It yields buffoonery .  Please should be able to rebuff invitations by those unworthy of their time.

• Haha 1

Well done to the rescuers. Hope the PM doesn't steal their light.

If it were me and I didn't like the PM but feared what he would do to me, I'd simply say I wasn't looking for recognition for doing a good deed. Do good deeds without looking for a reward should be how we live our lives. A good way to have a dig and come out looking even better. 

• Like 2

Give them 1,000.000 from your owen pocket, then I'll be impressed.

You can afford it from the millions you've sucked from the public tit and don't want the people to know about. Stop basking in other people's glory - a glory they appear to have actually earned.

As distinct from you.

Edited by KiwiKiwi
  • Like 2

'Korat governor Wichian Jantharanothai said that the eight were a fine example to the nation.'

Now if only the PM were to set an example - and get serious about compelling the RTP to do its job, the DLT to do its job, including meaningful testing, and reining in the morons who are a daily hazard on the roads.

And it's wise not to get too clever with use of words, the precise meaning of which one has little idea. The car crossed the central reservation; it didn't need to traverse it.