Judicial Officers have “no plans to move out” of Doi Sutep Housing Despite Ban from PM

snoop1130

Judicial Officers have “no plans to move out” of Doi Sutep Housing Despite Ban from PM

by CityNews

1-1-1024x576.jpg

CityNews – The campaigners against the ‘scar of Doi Suthep’ held a meeting today, to address the issue of officers living in the judicial housing, despite a government order that nobody should live there.

On June 15th, a meeting was held to review the progress and issues of the forest restoration plan on the judicial residences area from the survey that was carried out three days earlier.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/judicial-officers-no-plans-move-doi-sutep-housing-despite-ban-pm/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2018-6-15

I have followed this case with much interest from the outset. One thing that I don't understand is what law, rule, or regulation allows/entitles certain government officials government to free housing?  Is this the case for all judges?

13 minutes ago, pookiki said:

I have followed this case with much interest from the outset. One thing that I don't understand is what law, rule, or regulation allows/entitles certain government officials government to free housing?  Is this the case for all judges?

What - law?

It's all ad-lib, depending on who it's pertaining to.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to be a lawyer in Chiang Mai Province, the next time an encroachment case is brought by the government against say a resort or hotel owner...."precedent m'lud, the government said it is OK to encroach, I move to dismiss".

• Like 2

Thai law doesn't seem to be bound by precedent. They will certainly be trying to ignore this case. the court is choosing to ignore the head of government.  Or the government is using the judiciary as a buffer. Welcome to the twenty first century, where the gavel is used instead of the tank.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

It was only a Pinocchio ban designed to temporarily appease the protesters while he sits on the fence. If the PM were genuine and serious he would have pulled out his Article 44; but he didn't. He also reminded all parties to observe the law. Unfortunately for the protesters that might just be the sticking point in favour of the judges.

13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Just move the mountain it will be easier and cost less. 

Why the mountain just cut off the power and water won't take long they'll get the hint.

• Like 1

What I don't get with these building plots here, and KPP and elsewhere, is why the kerfuffle once the project is finished or near finished?

Why not demonstrate and complain at the beginning of these projects?

Surely people notice something is amiss when bulldozers etc start clearing land?