Leaving Thailand during 90 day extension?

24 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Are you saying that, theoretically, you could wait until the day that your 90-day Non-O visa expires, apply for the 1 year "retirement" extension, and be OK?  In another post you replied to, you said that you can apply for the extension up to 45 days before the visa expires.  So, I'm wondering if there is a certain advantage to applying for the extension early or not.  Just want to be clear in my mind about the timing.

Also, the actual date that the extension would start would be the date that the Visa expired even if you applied for the extension 45 days before expiration, right?

You could apply on the last day if you wanted to. You lose no days by doing it early.

It is best to do it a least of a couple of weeks early incase you came up short on paperwork for some reason.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kohsamida said:

Are you saying that, theoretically, you could wait until the day that your 90-day Non-O visa expires, apply for the 1 year "retirement" extension, and be OK?  In another post you replied to, you said that you can apply for the extension up to 45 days before the visa expires.  So, I'm wondering if there is a certain advantage to applying for the extension early or not.  Just want to be clear in my mind about the timing.

Also, the actual date that the extension would start would be the date that the Visa expired even if you applied for the extension 45 days before expiration, right?

Yes, you could apply on the last day of your permission to stay from the Non O Visa, but that would be very risky and unwise.

Most Immigration offices allow you to apply up to 30 days beforehand (some 45 days) in case you had a problem with any supporting documents, you'd have the time to rectify the issue.

Yes the extension starts from the date the Visa (or previous extensions) expires, regardless of the date of the application.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes, you could apply on the last day of your permission to stay from the Non O Visa, but that would be very risky and unwise.

Most Immigration offices allow you to apply up to 30 days beforehand (some 45 days) in case you had a problem with any supporting documents, you'd have the time to rectify the issue.

Yes the extension starts from the date the Visa (or previous extensions) expires, regardless of the date of the application.

Thanks Tanoshi and UbonJoe for clarification.  My concern is simply that I may not be back from travels outside the Kingdom until about a week or two  before expiration.  Based on what you guys said, I guess that is a fairly safe window of time.  Appreciate the help ?

Edited by Kohsamida