Anyone got an airasia platinum MasterCard??

Hopefully I have this in the right topic.....I had a question to anyone who has one. Does this have an annual fee? How does it work? I am in the process of opening account. Any details, tips would be much appreciated as I did not understand everything the bank person was saying. So far I have opened a special account with Bangkok bank , and have put in 30,000 baht. I have to wait two weeks for the card. Thanks

I have one. You mean the Bangkok Bank Air Asia Master Card Platinum.
For me, it was simple to get one. I think because i already had a Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card. As i was one day in my bank branch, i asked them how i could get another credit card, preferably a Master Card.
They just filled the for me, give it to me for review and sign and one month later I received the card.
I never had to deposit any amount in separate account for the credit cards purpose. The maximum credit limit is 80,000b / month.
There are no annual fees. But you need to spend a minimun every month. I think it is 5,000b / month.
Also, when you recieve your credit card statment at the end of the month, there is a minimum payment due. The rest is charge with interest.
For example, your minimum your balance is 20,000b but your minimun payment due is 5,000b. If you pay only the 5,000, the balance 15,000b will be on interest.
For me, i always pay the full balance.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 6/17/2018 at 9:17 AM, jphasia said:

I have one. You mean the Bangkok Bank Air Asia Master Card Platinum.
For me, it was simple to get one. I think because i already had a Bangkok Bank Visa Platinum Credit Card. As i was one day in my bank branch, i asked them how i could get another credit card, preferably a Master Card.
They just filled the for me, give it to me for review and sign and one month later I received the card.
I never had to deposit any amount in separate account for the credit cards purpose. The maximum credit limit is 80,000b / month.
There are no annual fees. But you need to spend a minimun every month. I think it is 5,000b / month.
Also, when you recieve your credit card statment at the end of the month, there is a minimum payment due. The rest is charge with interest.
For example, your minimum your balance is 20,000b but your minimun payment due is 5,000b. If you pay only the 5,000, the balance 15,000b will be on interest.
For me, i always pay the full balance.

You only need to spend 5k yearly to keep the card, not monthly

However the benefits are crap

I received 10 free suitcase vouchers  with mine and when I tried to use one of them air Asia refused to accept it and charged me 1350thb anyway

I was too lazy to write in a complaint about it but be careful it doesn't happen to you

I have it, you get Air-Asia miles every 20 baht spent on the card, also priority boarding.

Also gets free drinks worth 60 baht on board... that's a can of coke or whatever you choose from their menu

the voucher they gave for upgrading things when you first got the card are useless, they expire too soon or something, never used them.

also let you book certain sales before general members.

2 hours ago, digbeth said:

I have it, you get Air-Asia miles every 20 baht spent on the card, also priority boarding.

Also gets free drinks worth 60 baht on board... that's a can of coke or whatever you choose from their menu

the voucher they gave for upgrading things when you first got the card are useless, they expire too soon or something, never used them.

also let you book certain sales before general members.

I got the priority boarding passes too but I rather board a plane @ last call than first.... 

Watch out for the free luggage vouchers

The check-in staff gave us no choice but to pay cash on the spot  or fly without luggage (ironically they wouldn't even accept the air Asia credit card for the "free" suitcase charge) 

As for the free vouchers, i have no issue using it except that:
For the hot seat voucher, you cannot book in advance. You can only use them at the check-in counter. So you might have a chance that all hot seat are fully booked when you check-in...
For the luggage voucher, it is limited to the owner of the card. And i rarely check-in luggage. So bit useless for me. However, when my wife is travelling with me, i check-in her bag using my voucher. I never had any problem using it.
The other problem with the free vouchers is that they can be use only from Thai airport. You cannot present them when you are check in from airport outside Thailand. For example, i went to Maldives with Air Asia few month ago. I used the luggage voucher from Bangkok but did not take the check in bag option for the return (forgot). In Maldives airport check in, they wouldn't accept the voucher and charged me nearly 90 usd for a 14kg bag to Phuket
I have no issue with the validity (i think one year) because i am travelling a lot with Air Asia ( at least 2 times a week) so they are gone fast.
You can get a free 60b soft drink on the plane. However, a bottle of water at 40b is not including with the card promotion. Bit weird.
I didn't take this credit card for the perks. Only that i wanted a second credit card from Bangkok Bank. So that's fine for me.

The hot seat vouchers are also only for the card owner as I found out yesterday - I stretched out in row 1 while the wife few sat in the back  ?
Correct. For me, if i am travelling with my wife and still have some hot seat voucher, i will pay the extra hot for my wife to seat next to me. But again it depends on the hot seat availabilities during the check in.
It happened to me that one time while my wife and me had to travel together, i gave them 1 hot seat voucher for myself and told them i will purchase 1 hot seat for my wife. After looking at his screen, the staff returned to me voucher and told me that as we didn't booked any hot seat, we were randomly allocated both of us in hot seats next to each others. I asking for row 14 but we were already ramdomly allocated in row 1. I usually always select row 14 (emergency exit) for the extra legs space only. The other "hot seats" have no value for me as the difference with standard seat is only the color.
Basically, the only value I find with the Air Asia credit card is the possibility to check in in the Premium Flex counter, which avoid me the long check in queue especially in Don Muang international side when i am not doing online check-in.

On 6/20/2018 at 1:36 PM, jphasia said:

Correct. For me, if i am travelling with my wife and still have some hot seat voucher, i will pay the extra hot for my wife to seat next to me. But again it depends on the hot seat availabilities during the check in.
It happened to me that one time while my wife and me had to travel together, i gave them 1 hot seat voucher for myself and told them i will purchase 1 hot seat for my wife. After looking at his screen, the staff returned to me voucher and told me that as we didn't booked any hot seat, we were randomly allocated both of us in hot seats next to each others. I asking for row 14 but we were already ramdomly allocated in row 1. I usually always select row 14 (emergency exit) for the extra legs space only. The other "hot seats" have no value for me as the difference with standard seat is only the color.
Basically, the only value I find with the Air Asia credit card is the possibility to check in in the Premium Flex counter, which avoid me the long check in queue especially in Don Muang international side when i am not doing online check-in.

Thanks for all your helpful comments. Interesting why I had to put in 30,000 baht first. Maybe it's just a thing for them to see you have a bit of money to start with. But just to clarify. Once I have spent the 30,000 baht.  I have got a 30,000 baht limit apparently. I can spend uoto 60,000 baht in the first month....then obviously I would have a 30,000 baht payment to pay at the end of the month with no interest ....if I payback straight away....right?

13 hours ago, mrastoney said:

Thanks for all your helpful comments. Interesting why I had to put in 30,000 baht first. Maybe it's just a thing for them to see you have a bit of money to start with. But just to clarify. Once I have spent the 30,000 baht.  I have got a 30,000 baht limit apparently. I can spend uoto 60,000 baht in the first month....then obviously I would have a 30,000 baht payment to pay at the end of the month with no interest ....if I payback straight away....right?

You can't spend more than your deposit as far as I know

Archived