Where To Look?

lordsux

Hi,

After a few hot and sweaty days walking around BKK looking for a cheap place to stay without having much luck I thought that I would ask you folks in here for a helping hand.

Ive checked out the pages on this site but the apartments are a little over my budget.

Looking for:

Clean and safe.

7-8000 baht a month incl. el/water

Hot water/ not a total must

Aircon

Cable tv/ tv incl. would be nice

Close to BTS

Ive looked in several places including Thonglor and Petchburi but just jumping off the skytrain and walking around without having targets to aim for is pretty fruitless and frustrating

So, which areas/sois/apartment blocks should I be heading for. I know the budget isnt that great but a.t.m. I cant do much about that.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Hi there, you cuold try Soi 43/1 New Petchburi Road. It's a bit on the ghetto side

but a colorful cast of characters both farang and Thai live in this complex of about

five or six apartment buildings. It's bargirl friendly, or how should I say it, the bargirls are very friendly. The rents range from about 3,000-7,000 baht per month.

It used to be a loud obnoxious place with late night drunken idiots, pimps, coppers

and drug pushers. The past few years it has cleaned up quite a bit, more families and children scurrying about.

try WATTANA MANSION.

its on ratachada road,soi 17 i think ,near Posiden massage(so im told!!)

anyway its about 5000 bht a month and relatively ok.

the tv is a bit of a problem but they do have.

lots of nightly entertainment if you sit at the bar and watch the world go by.

1.Pratunam: K.P. Mansion, K.J.S. Mansion-Ratchaparop rd,Soi Mourling

2.All the apartments in Rachadapisek soi 3

3. Many places Sukhumvit soi 50, Sukhumvit soi 81

4. Pattanakan road area

5. Lower sois of Petchaburi road+soi 43,soi 45

I hope it will help.

Thanks for all the help, nice to get some places/areas to check out. Any more suggestions would be great.

bangsaen bob, I am not sure if your post was an attempt at being funny, if it was you failed miserably. Im not a fake English teacher, neither do I post useless unhelpful comments on an internet forum, you must have a lot of time on your hands. Unemployable fake English teacher maybe?