Woman raising 30 dogs takes umbrage at torture accusations

webfact

Woman raising 30 dogs takes umbrage at torture accusations

By The Nation

3ba311f5eea582a1e4c8599dad514c15.jpeg

A townhouse owner, who raises about 30 dogs, has threatened to sue her neighbours for making animal-torture allegations against her.

Saengrawee Kanjairungroj, 69, said on Sunday that she would also sue the Din Daeng District Office for raiding her house to conduct a search.

Officials from the office, together with police, inspected her townhouse on Saturday in response to complaints filed by her neighbours. 

People in the neighbourhood said that Saengrawee kept too many dogs, tormenting them in the process, as she apparently could not provide proper care. They also complained about the disturbance caused by the barking of the dogs and the smell emanating from Saengrawee’s house. 

Saengrawee said on Sunday that she was now cleaning her house and definitely would not allow officials to take some of her dogs away. 

Assoc Prof Panthep Rattanakorn, dean of the Mahidol University’s Faculty of Veterinary Science and a vice president of the Thai Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said the dog owner should comply with rules and social norms but relevant parties should also give her the opportunity to adjust.

“From pictures I’ve seen, it’s indirect torture,” he said. 

He said Saengrawee might love all her dogs but she did not know how to properly care for them. 

He added that if Saengrawee wished to raise dogs, she also had to comply with rules, including on sanitation and environment. 

“Also, she cannot yet have rabies vaccination for her dogs,” he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347943

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-18

14 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

There should be a limit on how many dogs a person can have in the city (3?), unless they have some sort licensed shelter or similar.

Of course that would require some zoning laws too. Not much chance.

Yes the dogs lives are hellish, the lady is in denial.

As far as I am aware there is a Thai law that states only two (2) dogs or cats per normal household 

• Like 1

According to the neighbour from the news it is smelling horrible. And some of the dogs looked very bad. their hair is gone and you can see blood.

The answer from the woman was she had to hurry to cut the hair, because so many people stay around.. actually that the dog hurt was the fault of the many people because she would take good care of the dogs. At least one neighbour already moved out because of the smell. And there were not only dogs… I also saw chickens in the news. In the last 2-3 days this story was a lot in the news.. this one and about the girl with fake hair...

• Like 2

In a way I feel sorry for this woman as in her mind, she thinks she is helping these animals. In reality, she is indeed torturing them. At the age of 69 I doubt any of these animals get the exercise they need and see their entire lives behind the bars of cages.

I couldn't even imagine having 30 dogs in a shop house and can imagine the smell after a time.

• Like 2