HONDA CRV BATTERY

domdom

Hello

We purchased from Honda Pattaya a new CRV beginning of march 2015.. Had to pay and change battery in november 2016.. Again this morning after 18 month, battery is dead

We made 45.000 kms in 3 years.. and now already we are on the 3rd battery

Honda of course tells it is totally normal.. as battery has only one year warranty.. But warranty is one thing and time a battery is supposed to last is something different

We had over 25 cars in our life and never had this problem before.. We were living in South America before coming here and had purchased there a new CRV Honda we kept for 7 years and we had changed the battery once after 5 years which seems normal

The batteries they fit in in Honda are FB Batteries

Has anyone experienced the same.. Is it the brand which is bad // In this case, which brand to buy and where

Thanks a lot

Have a nice afternoon

This is not unique to the CRV or to Honda cars in general. Nor unique to FB. Lead/acid batteries just don't do well in the heat.

If you buy the regular type you must check the water level in the cells monthly. Failure to keep them topped up ruins the battery.

I pay a bit more for sealed ("maintenance-free") batteries. They average 2 and a half years and I don't have to remember to check them.

Edited by mahjongguy

Hello

We do approximately 15.000 kms per year, use the car nearly every day  and all maintenance is made in Honda without exceeding the number of kms allowed to do it

Could you pls tell me what a Bolliden battery is..

Problem is not so much the cost of a new battery.. could be the problem being stuck somewhere and also upsetting to have this kind of problems in such a short time

Have a nice afternoon

Noted.. In Honda I have no choice they only have this battery.. I asked them today if they had better quality, answer was no.. The battery is sealed and without maintenance apparently.. not very expensive.. 5000 bahts.. But would agree to pay more for good quality one

What would you recommend and where to buy ?? We live after Jomtien, at approximately 10 kms from Pattaya

Thank you

Had this issue last week. CRV bought in April 2016, battery changed 10 months ago. So last week 40k service, they called the wife: "battery looks week". When I asked them to check their records they came back 10 minutes later and said: "oohh we cleaned the connectors and now the computer shows the battery is ok..."

Interestingly, coming back to one of the previous posts, I never thought that the heat could be a problem, for me it was more the extreme cold I was used to, with cars starting at 6am at -15 centigrade. My batteries used to last 3 years + then.

Thought also that our days most batteries were sealed and maintenance free?

2 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Had this issue last week. CRV bought in April 2016, battery changed 10 months ago. So last week 40k service, they called the wife: "battery looks week". When I asked them to check their records they came back 10 minutes later and said: "oohh we cleaned the connectors and now the computer shows the battery is ok..."

Interestingly, coming back to one of the previous posts, I never thought that the heat could be a problem, for me it was more the extreme cold I was used to, with cars starting at 6am at -15 centigrade. My batteries used to last 3 years + then.

Thought also that our days most batteries were sealed and maintenance free?

Heat does kill batteries and auto trans....

2 hours ago, domdom said:

The batteries they fit in in Honda are FB Batteries

Not in our Honda City from new 1 year 1 week, I would not let Honda change the battery for 1 of their's put a GS heavy duty in and 4 years on still fine. 

29 minutes ago, domdom said:

Could you pls tell me what GS heavy duty is and where to find pls ??
Best regards

Where we live there are many car accessory shops that sell batteries if you ask people where you are located I'm sure someone can tell where to purchase batteries other than a main dealer