sail shades for swimming pools

notrub

I see a variety of 'sail shade' options on ebay and Lazada.  From cheap to not so cheap.  Any comments on what to look for and type of cloth and corner fasteners/connectors etc.? I see a company 

'Sail Shades Thailand'  that has a variety of sizes and prices.  That they are made here appeals to me. Any comments?  Thanks

I think they are made here and I've seen the website you mention.

I looked at installing shade sails over/around our pool area but decided against in the end.

I think with all our bird life here they'd soon get splattered with muck and start to look unsightly. I couldn't face cleaning them every month or so.

Have just dealt with them & they were to their word

Dealt direct

Shipping for me was 300 bht

+ 7 % Vat on total

I went for one of the Factory Seconds & it was mentioned as new 30 % off, & was as new

Came in a bag made of the same stuff

They're pretty well priced since a bit of work goes into them, & also not forgetting that they would be paying Import Duty on the material

I was a bit concerned at first with the fabric whilst I was doing my research but was surprised in the end.

Fabric

Can range from 180 gsm ( Grams per M2 ) to 400 or so

Needs to be Knitted not Woven (this prevents unraveling if cut 

Here's a couple of pic's 759770775_20180620_1032221.thumb.jpg.ad64f802c27d50060ea0b2f059692755.jpg

20180620_103352[1].jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Those sails are a great idea. I'll 2nd BEVUPS reference for sailshadesthailand.com. They'll help custom make what you're looking for & have many pre-made standard designs for a lot less. The pre-made sizes are the ones you'll see on Lazada at the same price. I've dealt with a foreigner at sailshadesthailand who knows what he's doing. He'll use a computer program to lay out the custom design (if that's what you're after).

I've also ordered 1 off Alibaba, A custom size that was 1/2 the cost; however, the quality is obviously inferior.

As far as connectors, the stainless turnbuckles & d-rings on Lazada are probably as good as any.

Jungceylon Patong has recently had to remove all theirs over the main entrance to the Mall after storm winds ripped them apart, they were massive sails in white. Also just up the rd from there my local Gym/spa had a nice sail cover main section of outdoor pool (it was orange coloured like a mesh manmade canvas about 80 sq meters) 

I'm no expert but this looked like a great set up anchored off the building at highest point and two metal posts of varying heights (was not a cheap job) the material looked real heavy duty - it was up for about five years, looked and was fantastic but that also succumbed to high wind one afternoon 18 months ago and just ripped in two (but then again going through the weather cycles of harsh sun and heavy rains x a few years maybe is to be expected?)

5 hours ago, thurien said:

a while ago I had a total of 120sqm order-made with one of those truck cover suppliers along the highways, very good job with stuff that really lasts

Sorry, what are those truck covers ?! I can't remember having seen any along the highways.

Go into DoHome, we purchased 3 x 3 x 3 metres, reasonably priced, I think they were about 500 baht each, nice big heat reduction for the area we use them over, I think it was 80% reduction, you can certainly feel the difference, but they are not swimming pool shade cloths, they are just shade cloths, the bronze colour ones.

Archived