When is a METV stamped "used" if ever

I am currently here with a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa. I will leave soon for one month for Vietnam and then return for my second and last entry into the Kingdom within the validity of the METV. After that I will go home.

When will the Visa be stamped "used" - or will it ever ? It might not at my next departure for I will return using this same visa - which the immigration officer cannot know. Just asking because mistakes at the airport immigration counters happen and I want to prevent problems at my second entry with that visa.

• Like 1

Multiple entry visas of any kind are not normally marked as used.

As long as you do an entry on or before the enter before or valid until date you will get a new 60 day entry. Immigration will look at that date when you enter the country.

• Like 2

I arrived last Monday with a METV just issued in NewZealand and it has been stamped used with Mondays date and a squiggle across it.

Ubonjoe  do you think should I worry about it, previous METVs have not been stamped like that and I am planning on using it again to return from Vietnam thanks Dave

1 hour ago, pinehaven said:

I arrived last Monday with a METV just issued in NewZealand and it has been stamped used with Mondays date and a squiggle across it.

Ubonjoe  do you think should I worry about it, previous METVs have not been stamped like that and I am planning on using it again to return from Vietnam thanks Dave

It seems he made a mistake when he put the used stamp and then scratched it out. Not the first time that has happened.

I would not worry about it. Your enter before or valid until date on the visa is what counts.