Looking To Move To Cm

wcr

Dear CM Forum members,

I have been in Thailand for 4 years now. I own 2 businesses in Pattaya. I am looking to move on this year as I am getting fed up with Pattaya and once I have sold the one of the businesses here. I would like to possibly relocate to CM.

I want to know where I can find businesses for sale there. Is there a local English paper, or monthly magazine that has a website where I can look at business opps?

Thanks in advance,

Sure, there are always fools buying stuff, hence Sunbelts businessidea, most restaurants, shops e.g. sold through them are bankrupt within months. The thing is, never look at such listings if you dont know what you are doing...cause its just a place where they add some spice to existing garabage which is going down anyhow.

Get a location and start from scratch, best advice you can get.

Try TV sponsors for business sales and transfers: Sunbelt Asia.

Chiang Mai magazine: Chiang Mai Citylife.

Newspaper:Chiang Mai Mail.

Is "Changmai Mail" back in business. I have to admit that I haven't been looking too hard but I have not seen them.

I did see a notice in one newsagent a day or two back that "Chaingmai Mail" will be back bigger and better that ever.

That doesn't provide them with much of a challenge now does it.

Sure, there are always fools buying stuff, hence Sunbelts business idea, most restaurants, shops e.g. sold through them are bankrupt within months. The thing is, never look at such listings if you dont know what you are doing...cause its just a place where they add some spice to existing garabage which is going down anyhow.

Get a location and start from scratch, best advice you can get.

I have to admit that whoever owns Sunbelt is brilliant.

Something like 95% of farang owned businesses in Thailand fail in no time and they ALL try to sell them off to the next sucker.

Why not get a percentage of that action? :o

Something like 95% of farang owned businesses in Thailand fail in no time and they ALL try to sell them off to the next sucker.

Society really has sunk to this level, hasn't it.....

Not everyone wishes to profit off the dead and dying.

The Fly Fisherman

The Fly Fisherman

I agree that this is a very disgusting attitude. But at home there a bad people as well as good so why should we expect all the "farang" in Thailand to be just the good people. Money is very important to many people, especially to those who don't have it. As a result, "farang" in Thailand without a proper income are often very immoral. Just my thoughts.

The Fly Fisherman

I agree that this is a very disgusting attitude. But at home there a bad people as well as good so why should we expect all the "farang" in Thailand to be just the good people. Money is very important to many people, especially to those who don't have it. As a result, "farang" in Thailand without a proper income are often very immoral. Just my thoughts.

I prefer the words 'pityable,' or 'greedy,' or 'lowlife' be added to 'disgusting.

Yes, you are correct; there are bad people everywhere, which is why I said that 'society' has sunk to this level. It isn't just found here among the ex-pats. It's everywhere, and dates back to the beginings of man.

But here we see it more up close. A prime example is above; a man who owns four large, profitable stores in Chiang Mai, but he says " Why not get a percentage of that action?

When is enough money enough? How greedy does one need to be?

Why do people need to find 'suckers' and fleece them? Is it just for money? Or is it ego?

Why do so many people here think it's OK to do this?

Is self respect complety gone from vocabularies.

I'm no Mary Poppins, but this behavior is simply not honest, ethical, nor moral.

I guess these days many people just don't care about those three attributes. They were important once.

The Fly Fisherman

The Fly Fisherman

I prefer the words 'pityable,' or 'greedy,' or 'lowlife' be added to 'disgusting.

Yes, you are correct; there are bad people everywhere, which is why I said that 'society' has sunk to this level. It isn't just found here among the ex-pats. It's everywhere, and dates back to the beginings of man.

But here we see it more up close. A prime example is above; a man who owns four large, profitable stores in Chiang Mai, but he says " Why not get a percentage of that action?

Why do people need to find 'suckers' and fleece them? Is it just for money? Or is it ego?

I'm no Mary Poppins, but this behavior is simply not honest, ethical, nor moral.

I guess these days many people just don't care about those three attributes. They were important once.

The Fly Fisherman

The man owns 2 businesses in Pattaya so he must know about the sleeze. What does any of this have to do with his topic?

Edited by mongoose

The Fly Fisherman

Sunbelt Asia helps folks sell their businesses to other folks who want to buy businesses. There is nothing illogical nor immoral about that. In fact, they actually help both parties and make a decent profit for themselves as well.

As far as 'greed" goes. We live in a capitalistic society and money is what motivates most people to go to work everyday, think up new ideas to help make our lives easier and to risk their money in new ventures that could easily fail and leave them penniless. No money, no progress.

By the way, in case you had not noticed, Communism has failed dismally Comrade! :o

The Fly Fisherman

Sunbelt Asia helps folks sell their businesses to other folks who want to buy businesses. There is nothing illogical nor immoral about that.

Then why did you need to use the words 'ALL try to sell them off to the next sucker.?'

If there were nothing immoral, then you would have called them 'buyers,' not suckers. :o

We live in a capitalistic society and money is what motivates most people to go to work everyday,

Oh? Or is it what money can do?

Perhaps it IS money that motivates you. I don't know you, so I can't say.

Me..... it's what money can be used for that's important, not accumulating vast sums of the stuff. Certainly having more gives one the opportunity to look for happiness in more places, but happiness isn't something found in a place. It's found inside a person.

By the way, in case you had not noticed, Communism has failed dismally Comrade! :D

You don't need to be Communist to be honest, moral, or considerate of your fellow man. That seems to work in all forms of government. When it's applied. How about we apply it? :D

The Fly Fisherman

The Fly Fisherman

Well I'm no Alan Shearer either but, I get the impression that to make a good living as a farang in Chiang Mai you have to be greedy. I can think straight away of two fairly succesful farang businessmen who run factories here. Both would steal the pennies of a blind man's eyes and most likely have. Many other decent people I've known have tried their hand at business and failed.

Personally I'd rather be rich but not if I have to screw people over to do it.

Why not get a percentage of that action? :D

The Fly Fisherman

The Fly Fisherman

The man owns 2 businesses in Pattaya so he must know about the sleeze. What does any of this have to do with his topic?

Yes that was my thoughts. I only asked a simple question about any suitable publications and look what I have started :o

I thought they were a synical lot in Pattaya, but now...

The Fly Fisherman

Sunbelt Asia helps folks sell their businesses to other folks who want to buy businesses. There is nothing illogical nor immoral about that.

Then why did you need to use the words 'ALL try to sell them off to the next sucker.?'

If there were nothing immoral, then you would have called them 'buyers,' not suckers. :o

We live in a capitalistic society and money is what motivates most people to go to work everyday,

Oh? Or is it what money can do?

Perhaps it IS money that motivates you. I don't know you, so I can't say.

Me..... it's what money can be used for that's important, not accumulating vast sums of the stuff. Certainly having more gives one the opportunity to look for happiness in more places, but happiness isn't something found in a place. It's found inside a person.

By the way, in case you had not noticed, Communism has failed dismally Comrade! :D

You don't need to be Communist to be honest, moral, or considerate of your fellow man. That seems to work in all forms of government. When it's applied. How about we apply it? :D

The Fly Fisherman

When I mentioned "suckers" I was talking in the context of the people who try to sell their failing businesses off to other foreigners instead of just calling it a day and taking the loss for their own mistake. This is wrong, but I also realize that most people would do it if they could get away with it, including a lot of folks who would claim otherwise. It is not easy to admit failure.

As far as Sunbelt goes, they are in the business of hooking up buyers and sellers and that is as far as it goes. Blaming them for the motivations of their customers is asinine.

In the few posts that you have directed at me, you eventually end up trying to come off as some kind of "superior" person out to better mankind, but the posts themselves are ignorant, thoughtless and nasty.

Who is fooling who? :D

When I mentioned "suckers" I was talking in the context of the people who try to sell their failing businesses off to other foreigners instead of just calling it a day and taking the loss for their own mistake.

That is not what you said before. You were talking about looking for buyers, not sellers. To quote you again; "ALL try to sell them off to the next sucker.?" See that last word? That seems to be your view of the buyers, not the sellers. Let's stick to what you actually said.

This is wrong, but I also realize that most people would do it if they could get away with it, including a lot of folks who would claim otherwise.

So you know this is wrong, but will do it anyway? And you think this is moral? Ethical? Sure, it's done often. That doesn't make it right. "Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato (427-347 B.C.)

Blaming them for the motivations of their customers is asinine.

You're correct. I didn't. I was blaming you for your comments.

In the few posts that you have directed at me, you eventually end up trying to come off as some kind of "superior" person out to better mankind, but the posts themselves are ignorant, thoughtless and nasty.

If the shoe fits......

If you believe that these previously discussed actions are moral, ethical, and the people involved honest, then yes, you're right. I DO wish to better mankind, not exploit it. Does that make me a superior person? Or simply a person who cares about others and doesn't wish to expoit them. Or does that make you inferior because you do not think this same way? This does NOT make you a moral, ethical person. It makes you just another jackel trying to feed off the carcasses of the unlucky.

In the words of another poster to this thread;

"Personally I'd rather be rich but not if I have to screw people over to do it."

That's what I call a moral, ethical person.

Rich or poor, it's nice to have money.

But not at the expense of others. You may have a different opinion.

The Fly Fisherman

Among your other problems, you don't seem to be able to read very well. You try to change things to whatever you want them to say. If you go back and look, I was defending Sunbelt Asia and their business practices, not the business owners who try to make a profit on their own failure who you don't even mention.

I have already said that I don't agree with this practice and I never defended people who do it or said that I would do it myself. You are putting words in my mouth.

Yes, "suckers" are the buyers - Why would anyone pay good money for a failed business?

I said that I think Sunbelt are clever because they make a profit off of connecting buyers and sellers without crossing any moral or ethical lines. They buy and sell any kind of business - successful or not - and - like a lawyer - they are not responsible for the intentions of their clients as long as they handle their end properly - which you have already admitted.

Yes, I do think that they are moral, ethical and honest - and apparently so do you - so where do you get off calling me "greedy", "another jackel trying to feed off the carcasses of the unlucky" and the rest of that trash?

If you really want to "better mankind", you might start out small and go back to school to refresh your reading skills. Learning a few manners might come in handy also. :o