Trouble in Pattaya - again: Mass brawl in Thailand’s family friendly resort

webfact

It's called selling the news. CNN does it, the BBC does it, heck everyone does it these days. No longer a trait of the British tabloid press anymore. There's a lot of competition so the more appealing your news headline the better.
It's those who visit or live there that shape the image. Blame them.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, lovelomsak said:

Must have been a real long time ago. Thirty year ago bars on walking street had signs posted in their bars that read

No Dogs or Arabs allowed

When I first came to Thailand there were many stories of one Arab  hiring a girl but when she was taken to the room there were numerous men there who would gang rape her and sodomise her. They were hated by many Thais back then.

There were Never such signs. The sign that banned Arabs referred to their religious values

• Thanks 2

I did not mean 30 years ago in Pattaya or Thailand. I was saying in general. In my 20's the older Arabs were decent. The ones the same age were idiots and sleazy like i think the ones that you are referring to. I lived and worked in Thailand in the 80's so i do know what you mean.

Just now, ta158 said:

are you sure about that? 

UK 723 murders = 1.11 per 100,000 people.

Thailand latest figures 2014,  2,649 murders  = 3.9  per 100,000 people, doubtful.

but some reports say in 2016 thailand had over 3,000 gun murders thats a rate of 4.45  per 100,000 people, if you add all counts of murder the amount is aprox 5.6 - 6.3.

Regardless of statistics it is evident, and has been widely reported, that Thailand has a gun problem. What may make Thailand stand-out however is that so many murders we hear about – often murders are not reported in the English language media.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/gun-violence-in-thailand-a-problem-that-can-t-be-solved-10124114

I am aware there is a lot of gun violence in Thailand. However, this year in London there have been 70 killing , hundreds of knifings and the greatest amount of Acid attacks inn the world.  I feel safe in Thailand. I feel safe in Pattaya. I do not feel safe in London or Manchester where random violent attacks are common. Most people dare not walk the streets after dark. Guns are legal in Thailand so there is bound to be more gun related crime. I repeat Chicago, London , Manchester are far more violent and dangerous than Pattaya.

• Like 1

Just now, The manic said:

And you have made up a lie. See the posts above and below which reflect my accurate memories.

That is one sign there were others even that signs disputed what you said. read what you posted I copied for you and tell me if the posted sign on this thread supports your claim to the be religious vaThere were Never such signs. The sign that banned Arabs referred to their religious values

There were Never such signs. The sign that banned Arabs referred to their religious values

Just now, lovelomsak said:

That is one sign there were others even that signs disputed what you said. read what you posted I copied for you and tell me if the posted sign on this thread supports your claim to the be religious vaThere were Never such signs. The sign that banned Arabs referred to their religious values

The sign posted here refer to religious values. Read them. Similar signs in Bangkok. No reference to dogs ever.

• Like 1