Marriage Document Issues

Andrew Hayes

Hi Everyone

Firstly I know I will get the usual stick about this but to start with yes I want to get married. 

However got a real difficult

problem. 

I was divorced sometime ago. But I don’t have the decree with me. And it would be very difficult for me to get a certified copy. 

The question is..........

at the embassy I have to sign a form affirmation of being single/divorced etc. This is then stamped at the embassy etc etc. 

If I went and just said I am

single never married. Will the embassy in BKK check this when they are dealing with the form.?

Not exactly the right way to do things. But does anyone know if the embassy checks the affirmation or just signs and stamps it. 

I ask because I have seen posts where this can be done in a day and therefore I wondered if they would check with records back in the U.K.??

Thanks in advance and for any jokes that follow ??

Assuming you were divorced in the UK, it is very simple to get a copy of your decree absolute. Read this:

https://www.gov.uk/copy-decree-absolute-final-order

As you have discussed the possibility of falsifying an Affirmation, this topic is now closed.

Personally, I don't believe your desire to get married is worth the possibility of being arrested for Perjury when you next return home.