Thong Lo at night - what a freak show!

Phatbeets

I always stay in other areas that are more "down to earth" and have much more value to me.  Lots of chilled Thai and a few less Thai areas I really 

enjoy at night. I only come for visa-exempt vacations to the LO the hypocrite politicians. But I know the country pretty well because I have made 13 trips and I'm

married since > 10 years to a Thai lady and I have a few peeps here I would call friends by now. Anyway, thats my background. So that night I said ok lets go, I want to see this mess.

Wifey said no way I'm not going ova there, pai cai cai leui, enjoy. Alright, so first I wanted to get to a place called ThaBeatlounge in RCA cause I like to scratch with turntables (which btw for the old folks

here is a real instrumental that is not easy to master at all). Anyway the place was closed that night so I went somewhere else. I ended up at the "Demo Nightclub". Well, lots of bored peoples all over the place

playing with their phones all night long instead of enjoying the evening. The DJ was a only pretending to do anything, what a shameful disgrace. Lots of pretty zombie girls doing selfies for ~20 min each in the front of the club emblem and what I liked most, lots of Ferrari and the most exclusive Mercedes driving fake ass silver spoon business boys. I had a few gin tonics and +400 thb beers so I went to the toilet a couple of times and I must admit I really liked watching those insecure VIPs literally hiding inside the pissoir.

Pure comedy this area.

If I would not luv my wife maybe I could "enjoy" this place more for what it has to offer but I have rarely seen anything more artificial than this.

and you gotta run the gauntlet with the very harsh BiB around there.  Price rarely determines the level of fun, except a high price takes out some of it. Even a place charging 110 for a small Leo....no good music, not real clean, beer not real cold, faces in phones...would have been able to have a more intelligent conversation with a cab driver from Isaan. Yeah, I got the 110 THB, but just came from mom and pop where beers were 57 for large, and out of the cooler, and we were having a roaring good time.  

14 minutes ago, moontang said:

and you gotta run the gauntlet with the very harsh BiB around there.  Price rarely determines the level of fun, except a high price takes out some of it. Even a place charging 110 for a small Leo....no good music, not real clean, beer not real cold, faces in phones...would have been able to have a more intelligent conversation with a cab driver from Isaan. Yeah, I got the 110 THB, but just came from mom and pop where beers were 57 for large, and out of the cooler, and we were having a roaring good time.  

complaining about a 110 THB beer :cheesy:

42 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

complaining about a 110 THB beer :cheesy:

yeah, "even" at that price, I have expdctations. That is about what they go for in my home town, except per capita GDP is fifteen times higher than LOS.  Wouldn't have been good at any price, really.

6 hours ago, Phatbeets said:

I always stay in other areas that are more "down to earth" and have much more value to me.  Lots of chilled Thai and a few less Thai areas I really 

enjoy at night. I only come for visa-exempt vacations to the LO the hypocrite politicians. But I know the country pretty well because I have made 13 trips and I'm

married since > 10 years to a Thai lady and I have a few peeps here I would call friends by now. Anyway, thats my background. So that night I said ok lets go, I want to see this mess.

Wifey said no way I'm not going ova there, pai cai cai leui, enjoy. Alright, so first I wanted to get to a place called ThaBeatlounge in RCA cause I like to scratch with turntables (which btw for the old folks

here is a real instrumental that is not easy to master at all). Anyway the place was closed that night so I went somewhere else. I ended up at the "Demo Nightclub". Well, lots of bored peoples all over the place

playing with their phones all night long instead of enjoying the evening. The DJ was a only pretending to do anything, what a shameful disgrace. Lots of pretty zombie girls doing selfies for ~20 min each in the front of the club emblem and what I liked most, lots of Ferrari and the most exclusive Mercedes driving fake ass silver spoon business boys. I had a few gin tonics and +400 thb beers so I went to the toilet a couple of times and I must admit I really liked watching those insecure VIPs literally hiding inside the pissoir.

Pure comedy this area.

If I would not luv my wife maybe I could "enjoy" this place more for what it has to offer but I have rarely seen anything more artificial than this.

So your opinion that the Thong Lo area at night is a "freak show" is based on one visit to one night club where you actually didn't see any freaks (if you did you didn't mention them)?   Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

So your opinion that the Thong Lo area at night is a "freak show" is based on one visit to one night club where you actually didn't see any freaks (if you did you didn't mention them)?   Brilliant. 

Going out somewhere but while doing so spending the whole night on Instagram

worrying about if their cyberfriends like the 300 duckfaces selfies that were uploaded is not strange at all for you.

Let me guess, you also go out with a selfie stick?

20 hours ago, Phatbeets said:

Going out somewhere but while doing so spending the whole night on Instagram

worrying about if their cyberfriends like the 300 duckfaces selfies that were uploaded is not strange at all for you.

Let me guess, you also go out with a selfie stick?

So, no freaks, or freak show. then.  Thought so, just a few people taking photos.  

How would my having a selfie stick be relevant to your Thong Lo freak show claim?

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:17 PM, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I always lol when Thai Visa experts say go to Thonglor to meet classy Thai women and not prostitutes.

I always laugh even more when some other Thaivisa "expert" (you) suggests that all classy Thai women in Thong Lo are prostitutes.

^ Alright captain, please keep the Thong Lo flag flying for both of us - I see you're definitively worth it.

Yeah Lower Sukhumvit is on another level thats sure but at least you know exactly what to expect there.
Its not for me neither.

No clue whats the ratio of prostitutes nor do I really care. What is sure tho, is that
there are a lot of silverspoons (barely over 30 yo) that are used to have many servants and kiss asses around them.
There, they are surrounded by peeps that would do anything to sit on a table where the bottle package costs > 14k THB.

Archived