White Fortuners Tailgating

ricklev

5 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thanks for that ?

Could you now inform the 98% of Thai drivers who either choose to ignore this rule, have no idea it exists or lack the necessary driving skills to maneuver between lanes?

Thanks...

.... and the 2% who claimed to know the rule to save face.

18 hours ago, sappersrest said:

Every time I get cut up, tailgated or witness a traffic infringement it is not by some white fortuner, but usually by some idiot sporting a fish motif on the rear of their car is this some sort of award given to idiot drivers or some dark secretive sect?

"Secretive" once but frequently "in yer face" now:

Ichthys - Wikipedia

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sappersrest said:

Every time I get cut up, tailgated or witness a traffic infringement it is not by some white fortuner, but usually by some idiot sporting a fish motif on the rear of their car is this some sort of award given to idiot drivers or some dark secretive sect?

I see a few vehicles with a kind of  fish motif in the back and I was told that it has to do with some Christianity symbol.

I hope this is not the motif you see.

I just Goggle it: http://www.religionfacts.com/fish

Edited by cnx355
correction
  • Like 1

Slightly off topic and in a different country.  

Some tailgaters really seem to be lacking in intelligence or something similar.  

In the United States, I once watched a tailgater driving about 1 car length behind a large tractor trailer.  For five minutes he was there flashing his lights trying to tell the driver to move over so he could speed off into the night.  (See picture attached for example)

This was on a two lane highway and the tractor trailer was in the passing lane on the left, slowly passing a long line of cars.  

The following vehicle driver may not have been able to read either.  A big sign on the back of the trailer read, "If you can't see my mirrors, I can't see you."

I haven't driven in Thailand, but I do participate as a passenger. 

Image result for behind a tractor trailer at night

Edited by radiochaser
to correct grammar
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Fortuner drivers put me off ever buying one. They appear to be mostly aggressive and extremely stupid.

Heard that one before.  What a cop out. 

Admit it..... 3.4 million Baht is way past your budget.

image.png.fa04ed718439aef2fb8044c53549d355.png

39 minutes ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

OP's post sounds like he routinely hogs the fast lane /car lane with a motorcycle. 

Just keep to the left.

How to reply to a comment like that,  I could use sarcasm, or humor, I could go full on ad hominem in the ThaiVisa forum tradition or I could ignore it.

But giving Mr. Winnie or Ms. Winnie the benefit of the doubt I will simply  respond by saying that I don't ride my scooter on roads that have a fast lane in Chiang Mai, other than the occasional trip to Decathlon at Tesco Lotus Hang Dong.  I ride politely, defensively, sanely and out of the way of the cars behind me whenever possible.   

• Like 1

On 6/25/2018 at 1:16 PM, 55Jay said:

Heard that one before.  What a cop out. 

Admit it..... 3.4 million Baht is way past your budget.

image.png.fa04ed718439aef2fb8044c53549d355.png

Jimminy Cricket!  3.4 million baht?  I just googled the price of a fortuna in Thailand the results were at most,  1.73 million baht!

Did I miss something?

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2018 at 4:38 PM, Thingamabob said:

Fortuner drivers put me off ever buying one. They appear to be mostly aggressive and extremely stupid.

Funny you mentioned that. This is exactly my experience as well. I had written it off to coincidence, but it appears I am not the only one.

Just had an experience with a white one yesterday. Made me think of this topic here. 

My thinking is the woman behind the wheel is just a terrible driver who cannot handle a large size vehicle. The man on the other hand is also a bad driver but seems that it is an extension of his ego and his family jewel male ego. They are in a sense very arrogant and dangerous to all on the roads.

• Like 1