How to register marriage at Amphur

ChrisKC

8 hours ago, kickstart said:

We did the UK embassy part, then the translation and as Lopburi 3 said, it has to go to the MAF,( we did ours in Bangkok, the MAF was up in Chang Wattana, we did by post, took 2 weeks to get back to us.)

Then we went down to our local Ampur with all the documents plus passport, cost me 200 baht .

Been trying work out when our wedding anniversary is, date from the embassy or the date from the Ampur.

Planning on marrying in August (have to wait for an auspicious day  ?  ).  As far as I'm concerned, the day the rings go on is the day I'll consider us married.  The rest is just paperwork.

• 6 months later...
On 6/26/2018 at 7:22 AM, Preacher said:

No appointment needed. But do show up a bit early. They need to check the translation (and signatories from the embassy), that can take about 2 hours.

i am marry in india with indian girl and i am not divorced and now i have a thai divorced woman girlfriend from last 5 years and i want to marry with her so can i marry with her in thailand what i have to do 

15 minutes ago, asu12 said:

i am marry in india with indian girl and i am not divorced and now i have a thai divorced woman girlfriend from last 5 years and i want to marry with her so can i marry with her in thailand what i have to do 

You will have to divorce your wife before you can remarry.

20 minutes ago, asu12 said:

As said requirement for any marriage here is paperwork from your Embassy that you are free to marry and "not married" and proof of divorce if previously married.  Exactly what will be required is determined by your Embassy.

Edited by lopburi3