British Passport for daughter

Hello

I am just about to apply for a British passport for my daughter however there seems to be so much conflicting info on the internet and also in some of the threads here on Thaivisa so hoping someone can clarify documents needed etc.

Fathers Documents

- Passport

- Birth Cert

My question here is do I need to take a photo copy of every page as  some people have reported u don't and some do.

Mothers Documents

- Passport

- ID Card

- Tabien Baan

- Birth Cert

- Marriage Cert

Q. Again do we need to copy every page in her passport?

Is the ID card needed if she has a passport and if so does it need to be translated?

Does the Tabien Baan need translating?

Daughters Documents

- Birth Cert

- Household Registration

- Photos

Q. Does the page in the Tabien baan need to be translated?

I have already done it once for my son however we never had to translate the Tabien Baan and I can remember doin all the pages in my passport but not sure if we did m wives also.  I know requirements are always changing so hopefully someone who has been recently can shed some light.

Thanks

I assume this is the first passport, if so..

You - Passport copy, full birth cert showing your parents info.

The Mother - Zero, nothing. Your daughter inherits British citizenship through you. You should take a copy of her ID card though, even though it isn't requested they did ask me if I had it, which I never did btw.

Daughter - Birth cert, British translated of course and ministry stamp as proof of bonafide translation.

Proof of residence in Thailand. If you use household registration for this as you suggest then yes it has to be translated.

2 Photos - 1 countersigned.             

Hi

Many thanks for the reply, yes just to clarify

Do I need to copy ever page of my passport, still a little unclear on this.

I thought not many documents were needed for my wife when we did our sons a few years back.

Finally just realized that the blue book is at the wife's mother's home and our appointment is tomorrow.  Is the original needed or can we use a copy?

Cheers 

25 minutes ago, Bangersandcash said:

Hi

Many thanks for the reply, yes just to clarify

Do I need to copy ever page of my passport, still a little unclear on this.

I thought not many documents were needed for my wife when we did our sons a few years back.

Finally just realized that the blue book is at the wife's mother's home and our appointment is tomorrow.  Is the original needed or can we use a copy?

Cheers 

No you do not need to copy every page at all.

I didn't use the house book as proof of address, I got a letter from the school....I'm pretty sure you need the original, they send on a copy but stamp it as having seen the original..same as the birth certs.

Edited by Maradona 10

Yea i remember doing every page for my son but read more recent threads that you dont need to now.  Ill just do it to anyway to save and complications.

Daughter is only 4 months so a school letter is not possible as not started.

May just have to rearrange the appointment.

11 minutes ago, Bangersandcash said:

Yea i remember doing every page for my son but read more recent threads that you dont need to now.  Ill just do it to anyway to save and complications.

Daughter is only 4 months so a school letter is not possible as not started.

May just have to rearrange the appointment.

To be honest you have left it all very late which is poor form if I may say so. I think you have to wait 6 weeks before another appointment, but don't take my word on that.

1 hour ago, Maradona 10 said:

The Mother - Zero, nothing. Your daughter inherits British citizenship through you.

According to the Group 2 supporting documents then this is not correct?? Personally I would include either the Mother's passport or ID card to prove that the link on the child's birth certificate.

Bearing in mind that the Mother's details will be filled in as parent 1 in section 4 of the application form.

Table C

First British passport applicants born or adopted outside the UK – parents’ or adoptive parents’ documents

Please provide the following: The passport you entered the country from which you are applying, and if different, any non-British passport held as well as evidence shown in the table below:

Born on or after 1 January 1983 • Both parents’ full birth certificates (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/564956/OS_Guidance_G2_10.16.pdf

Your British passport can be used as the photo ID, as can a valid visa or extension of stay be used as proof of the Father's legal residency, for the child you can use the following:

If you are applying for a Child First British Passport the following documents are also accepted. The document provided should show a link to the parent applying and show that the child and parent are resident where they are applying from.

• Parents’ identity cards

• Medical/hospital records (birth records)

• Mother’s antenatal records

43 minutes ago, Mattd said:

According to the Group 2 supporting documents then this is not correct?? Personally I would include either the Mother's passport or ID card to prove that the link on the child's birth certificate.

Bearing in mind that the Mother's details will be filled in as parent 1 in section 4 of the application form.

Table C

First British passport applicants born or adopted outside the UK – parents’ or adoptive parents’ documents

Please provide the following: The passport you entered the country from which you are applying, and if different, any non-British passport held as well as evidence shown in the table below:

Born on or after 1 January 1983 • Both parents’ full birth certificates (showing both the child’s and parents’ details) 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/564956/OS_Guidance_G2_10.16.pdf

Your British passport can be used as the photo ID, as can a valid visa or extension of stay be used as proof of the Father's legal residency, for the child you can use the following:

If you are applying for a Child First British Passport the following documents are also accepted. The document provided should show a link to the parent applying and show that the child and parent are resident where they are applying from.

• Parents’ identity cards

• Medical/hospital records (birth records)

• Mother’s antenatal records

As I said in my post it's worth taking the mother's ID, but I gave them nothing for the mother and it wasn't a problem.

1 hour ago, Maradona 10 said:

To be honest you have left it all very late which is poor form if I may say so. I think you have to wait 6 weeks before another appointment, but don't take my word on that.

I asked for an apointment monday got a reply 2 mins later to say come wednesday 

Edited by Bangersandcash
Other
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maradona 10 said:

As I said in my post it's worth taking the mother's ID, but I gave them nothing for the mother and it wasn't a problem.

Fair enough, I was just asking as the guidance does suggest otherwise, in fact it even goes so far as to say that the Mother has the default parental responsibility and can give permission for a passport, whereas if the parents are not married, then the father can give permission so long as he is mentioned on the birth certificate.

The OP should also note the additional guidance if he was born after 31st December 1982, as to pass on Citizenship automatically both his parents need to have been British by birth.

In reality it is actually a bit easier now, when my two were born passing Citizenship on as a Father was difficult, costly and time consuming if not married.

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

Fair enough, I was just asking as the guidance does suggest otherwise, in fact it even goes so far as to say that the Mother has the default parental responsibility and can give permission for a passport, whereas if the parents are not married, then the father can give permission so long as he is mentioned on the birth certificate.

The OP should also note the additional guidance if he was born after 31st December 1982, as to pass on Citizenship automatically both his parents need to have been British by birth.

In reality it is actually a bit easier now, when my two were born passing Citizenship on as a Father was difficult, costly and time consuming if not married.

Yes I think it changed around 2004

• 2 weeks later...

Documents needed as of 03/07/18

Son/Daughter

- birth certificate original, birth certificate translated, copy of both with original having to be in colour.

- proof of address, i used Trebian baan that had to be translated. Original needed and copy of both.

- colour copy of ever page of his/her passport 

My details (i hold a british passport)

- colour copy of every page of my passport and show passport

- original birth cert that had to be copied on colour

- our marriage cert original, cert translated and original copied in colour.

Wifes details

- Copy of her id in colour

- trebian baan translated copy of both

- birth cert but she did not have, we were told UK office may contact us.

Hope that helps anyone in the near future but rewuirements seem to change often

7 minutes ago, Bangersandcash said:

Documents needed as of 03/07/18

Son/Daughter

- birth certificate original, birth certificate translated, copy of both with original having to be in colour.

- proof of address, i used Trebian baan that had to be translated. Original needed and copy of both.

- colour copy of ever page of his/her passport 

My details (i hold a british passport)

- colour copy of every page of my passport and show passport

- original birth cert that had to be copied on colour

- our marriage cert original, cert translated and original copied in colour.

Wifes details

- Copy of her id in colour

- trebian baan translated copy of both

- birth cert but she did not have, we were told UK office may contact us.

Hope that helps anyone in the near future but rewuirements seem to change often

Well I didn't give them a thing relating to the wife, so the home office are making things up as they go along.