Honda wave rear brakes

Kenny202

Drum brakes have never been fantastic on any bike. Try cleaning the brakes of any dust build up and make sure that the shoe is not polished over, you can rough the shoes up with emery paper if they are.
People tend to rest their feet on the pedal which just glazes the surfaces and makes them less efficient over time....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I work on Waves all the time.

The front drums are pretty useless, but the back drums are pretty damn good.

Plenty of village bikes and sidecar hacks about using nothing but a back drum brake.

I would recommend pulling the wheel and having a peek inside.

New pair of shoes and springs will set you back no more than 1250 baht. Fitted inc labour. May not even need that, just a good clean out and correct adjustment.

Generally, rear shoes are changed around the 25-30k mark.

• Like 1

Just bought a late model wave, 8000km. Rear drum brakes are working but very inneffective. Are they all like this? Adjustment looks ok. Is there something I can have done to improve them?

Take the big to a big Honda main dealer ask them to change the oil , adjust the valves, adjust the chain, etc of maybe do the 10,000km service it it includes all that and while there ask them to look at the rear brakes. 

Then everything has been done that can be done and it should come back like new with peace of mind.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Job done this morning. New pads 120 baht, 15 mins. Ill do the oil and chain myself. Brakes not great but 300% better. Thanks for the advice guys

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Jolly good.

Edit i meant 150 baht.........

19 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

New pair of shoes and springs will set you back no more than 1250 baht. Fitted inc labour

On 6/28/2018 at 12:20 PM, thaiguzzi said:

Jolly good.

Edit i meant 150 baht.........

Hell fire mate , 1250 Baht. 555. Thought you had miss typed. Front brake pads for my bike , from Honda , range from 75 to 100 Baht. The Bendix ones are best - 85 Baht. Origional Honda fitments are poor.

• Like 1