Best 4g provider for trip from Had Lek to Mae Hong Song

HamonRye

Hello,

Will be doing a cycle trip for the above in a couple of months and hopefully with some camping along the way along the Rayong coast > BKK > Kanchanaburi etc.

Which provider offers the best service for these areas for just 1 month? I don't need calls, just internet.

Will it likely be patchy along the way in some areas?

Hope to tether my 4g phone to the laptop. I need maybe 4 hours worth of regular web page browsing per day/night (no video), but some YouTube deal would be good for the girlfriend, but not a necessity as she reckons she'll be having early nights.

Is it better/cheaper to just pay as i go/per GB usage (so i could change provider if needed) or better to get a monthly package and be done with it? 

Thanks for any help.

I've used True's 4G unlimited 4Mbs package all along the East coast, down towards the Cambodian border, several times. Never had any problems near main roads in my car, or in hotels etc. It probably gets dodgy if you go far inland though, or get onto jungle tracks.

You can get that package for 450B/month + VAT. I dont see much point bothering with anything else at that price.

They also do various daily rates, and some 3G packages, but when I tried those they cut out even on the motorway from Pattaya to Bangkok, which 4G never does.

Most of the other providers do something similar but I cant comment on their coverage. They all have coverage maps on their websites as far as I know.

Archived