48-50" VA panel UHD TV advice wanted

damole

I'm looking for a new 4K TV but none of the model numbers back home (UK) match those here so it's really hard to know what the TVs here are like as there are no reviews.

Does anybody know of a VA panel UHD TV of 48-50"?  I will use it for gaming as well as watching video.

Go to any store that sells TV's and look at the display models or ask the salesperson to show you. Don't see what you want or like just go to another store. While going from store to store you can also price shop.

This is like using Google, only you're the search engine. In the US, we call it shopping and it can be used to purchase a variety of products. Try it, it works.

• Haha 1

Bought the Samsung UHD 55" 6100 (UA55MU6100KXXT) using a 10% off voucher, 15,800bht delivered (COD) a couple of weeks back.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/samsung-uhd-smart-tv-55-ua55mu6100kxxt-i208573945-s314172641.html

You have to wait for a voucher to appear before you order.

Works perfectly with my Xbox 360 and PC.

Edited by BritManToo

I was thinking of buying a UHD ,but wondered where can

i find UHD content to view,you cannot view say 720, 1080,

and that will convert to UHD 4K ,am I correct on that ?.

I know True has one HD 4K ? channel,but I would never

go back to them, so where?

regards Worgeordie

A 4K TV cannot convert 720 or 1080 content to 4K quality. You can stream 4K content from sources such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and others.  Some DVD movies are available in 4K also. Both PlayStation and XBox have consoles that are capable of playing 4K games and streaming 4K video to a 4K monitor. Personally, I think the picture quality of UHD or 4K is better suited for viewing on larger screens.  The prices of actual 4K TV's in Thailand are still higher compared to the US. UHD has a resolution of 3840x2160. There are a lot of TV's marketed as 4K, but if the actual screen resolution does not exceed UHD, it is not true 4K.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I was thinking of buying a UHD ,but wondered where can

i find UHD content to view,you cannot view say 720, 1080,

and that will convert to UHD 4K ,am I correct on that ?.

The Thai HD (3,5,7) channels look fine on the 55" Samsung UHD television.

Edited by BritManToo

The OP is looking for a VA panel so I guess his gaming needs are leading the choice. I am happy with UHD IPS panel for Xbox and HTPC but not all IPS panels have acceptable response. Finding exact panel specs for Asian TV model numbers can be difficult but there is info available at Thai language sites or by contacting local service center.

My Windows 10 HTPC is sharper and more pleasant using a 55 UHD panel when compared with standard HD panel but that's down to the scaling and may not be as good with another model or brand.

My personal experience (mostly LG IPS) shows HD content on a 4k panel to be more pleasant on the eyes and it improves with larger panel size. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I found this TV HiSense U7A which seems to be the same as this in this this review. I saw one in Powerbuy yesterday although it's cheaper on their website.   I'm waiting on an answer to a message I sent to Hisense before making any decison.

Back in July I ended up buying a new motorbike (Z250SL) and saw put the new TV on hold, then I went back to the UK for 5 weeks and brought a new Marantz NR1508 back with me to replace my ageing Onkyo TX-SR706 so now I'm ready for a 4K TV to go with it.

Edited by damole

• 2 months later...