problem with @mac.com email

watcharacters

Briefly I've had an email issue for a long time.    Initially it was a constant request for a correct password but then it evolved to just an email shutdown with an iCloud issue.

I've dealt with a bunch of "senior advisors"  over the years but always realized,  or at least felt , that  only the symptom was addressed and the cause  remained unknown.

That was confirmed with the last call I made about the issue.    My mail works fine  now but I realize it could go pear shape at any moment.   What was shown on the screen as we did screen sharing was indeed  an "unknown error".    

The last advisor suggested if it happens again I could submit my  email account for an analysis by Apple engineers.       He said he believed there was no other way to resolve it.  We were on the phone for around  90 minutes.

Has anyone ever done such a thing?     I'm not sure how comfortable I am  giving permission to do that.     ( Of course,  I suppose  Apple   could do it at any time without my permission.)

1 minute ago, phetphet said:

is it possible to back up all your emails, delete the account from your device and then set it up again?

Just a suggestion.

Thank you for the reply and for sure that is possible as it's been done at least a half dozen times.  Perhaps more.     The issue has persisted over the course of 4 laptops with the same  email account.   changing an email account is not a simple thing what with all the business,  sites,  and friends involved.     

I asked but was told there is no redirect available for an email change.    I don't know if that's a feature of a PC or not.

Again thanks for the suggestion.

Archived