Struggling to find anywhere to live

ryanhull

Hi all,

I have recently relocated back to Isaan from CM (I lived in Roi Et previously, before that bkk) and I am really struggling to find somewhere to find,

My ideal location is buri ram, and ideally a small house... I have looked at 4 houses so far and the quality was really poor with no furniture and 2 didnt have aircon and I didnt want to kit out the house ideally unless its a new build or nice.

I have considered condos, here in buriram the only condo I could find was the thada condotel... its nice however on a nightly its 1000 bhat, and they really only offer a yearly contract and gave me a thai price of 3 x 9000 bhat which is alot more than i see written in thai in the lifts etc, plus although the apartment is nice its tiny.

I have seen a few smaller rooms/condos at 4k per month, I think they was aimed at students and I couldnt live in them, my budget is around 10k per month but if its a condo I want more than a studio box for that, if a house I am open as I am getting deperate now... I have gone around looking but its very difficult trying to communicate and although I see a big falang presence here I dont see much online for houses for rent if anything, and the only condo in buriram i know of ive been staying at nightly.

Ive only been here two weeks and ive probably spent 20k on hotels etc so I am getting pretty desperate to find somewhere, would even consider other cities like sarakham, even korat if its nice. My son is at school here in Isaan hence why I would like to be located close to him although I have a car so location is not massively important, I left CM as it was too long of a drive to go pick him up for the week etc.

Any tips or anyone know of anything to rent pls let me know, maybe just in your village youve seen somewhere or you know of condos in buriram/korat/isaan I dont? Some of the hotels here are so nice, and at 700-1200 bhat a nice for a really nice hotel it makes you think its not so important but I would like somewhere to settle in,

Cheers all

I suggest using google maps to locate the myriad resorts in Buriram where you can get a monthly deal including breakfast. Only problem is the premium price or availability during race weekends.

There are agents around the town and even a local forum advertising accommodations if you do a search.

Don't know about Maha or Korat but maybe the same.

Hope I haven't broken any TV rules here by the way .....

On 6/29/2018 at 9:10 AM, kekalot said:

to be honest just pay a local to look for you. you would avoid the foreign prices and help someone out (while helping yourself)

when I got here I talked to the motorbike taxi guys and within 15-20 minutes or driving around they found me 3 places that were acceptable

I would second this suggestion. Language alone is challenging.

• Like 1

Khon kaen,nice bungalo 5k  month,badroom,kitchen,badroom,livingroom,wifi,full furnished.  mobile:<contact by peronal message> ask for LAMAI.

I stay there more than 5 years and still happy,newer a problem.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed phone number (forum rule)

A post has been removed for having only a phone number in it.

Forum rule.

Privacy
18) You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to personal non-commercial sites sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.

29 minutes ago, suban1970 said:

my mob.nr <removed> and this is not for doing bissenis,but trey to help  the op

ask for henk.

They are removed for privacy reasons. It does not matter if it is for business or to help somebody.

Sent the OP your contact info by personal message. https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/messenger/compose/

Most foreigners build their own homes in Isaan when they want to settle down, as generally speaking the rental market usually just has apartments and older places available for rent.

If you have a bit of cash available, maybe you could find a place that's nice structurally and then upgrade it a little yourself.  Or talk to the owner and see if they would be willing to install say aircon in exchange for a higher rental price each month, as given that most of the houses you'd look at probably rent for 5000 THB or less, and you're prepared to spend upto 10,000 THB per month, you've got a bit of wiggle room available.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:10 PM, kekalot said:

to be honest just pay a local to look for you. you would avoid the foreign prices and help someone out (while helping yourself)

when I got here I talked to the motorbike taxi guys and within 15-20 minutes or driving around they found me 3 places that were acceptable

I think you may be in for more foreign prices by just asking any local. If you have a local friend, that may be different.

There are a  few places for rent here in Lam Plai Mat about 30 k.s from Buri Ram, I was lucky and have a thai girlfriend whose sister found us this place we are in brand new and a shop/house, most of the ones here are shop houses but they rent to anyone but the language thing is a big hassle(thus a thai g/f helps), we are looking at the moment for a single storey house as my knees are not liking the stairs.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, malt25 said:

"Struggling to find anywhere to live"  I would have thought finding anywhere to live would be pretty easy. Maybe finding somewhere to live a  little more difficult.

Nice English lesson   ....  or oh oh, here come the language police. Depending on one's perspective*

*Yes - I know that's a fragmented sentence ?

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2018 at 11:34 AM, suban1970 said:

Khon kaen,nice bungalo 5k  month,badroom,kitchen,badroom,livingroom,wifi,full furnished.  mobile:<contact by peronal message> ask for LAMAI.

I stay there more than 5 years and still happy,newer a problem.

Some bad rooms there. ?