electronics repair shop around Cha-am/Hua Hin?

kekalot

I am looking to find an electronic repair shop that does board level soldering, I need a chip swapped a motherboard (I have it)

when I was in Bangkok at Amorn they told me they can not do it but..

I have a feeling he did not understand what I wanted him to do (remove a chip from one board and solder it to the other)

it's very simple and quick work but I don't have the soldering station or the skills to do it.

Hello,

at HUA HIN, try INVADEL Co LTD, at 60/22, see on the map.
Also ask vendors in malls. There may be one who knows a repairman.
At CHA-AM, there is the Cha-Am IT, near the building of the electricity, angle of self ray pli1 or soi fai fai.

On 6/30/2018 at 1:38 PM, sirocco said:

Hello,

at HUA HIN, try INVADEL Co LTD, at 60/22, see on the map.
Also ask vendors in malls. There may be one who knows a repairman.
At CHA-AM, there is the Cha-Am IT, near the building of the electricity, angle of self ray pli1 or soi fai fai.

I don't need an IT reselller shop I need board level soldering

InvadeIT (not INVADEL) is a reseller, they don't tech repairs only sell hardware and build computers (I been there many times)

Cha-am IT, same deal, I highly doubt they have the gear to do micro soldering.. they just sell stuff and replace parts in PCs or install software (been there before too)

https://www.amorngroup.com/amorn-service-center

this is technically what I am looking for but they declined the repair (probably thought I wanted to "repair" the hard drive).. I didn't have the boards with me but as soon as he saw the hard drive picture he said "mai dai", wasn't about to try to argue with him since I didn't have what i needed worked on on me either way

i never soldered before but i'm sure even i could do it in 5 minutes given the proper tools, just not worth the price of getting a proper microscope, solder and soldering stations for this little job

no worries, I went to Bangkok and ended up at Pantip Plaza Bang Kapi.. found a repairshop (could see broken TVs and whatnot everywhere)

buddy took it, job was done within 2 minutes and I paid 100 baht.

2x 10 seconds heatgun, used tweezers to pick it up, swap the chips and gave it back to me, then I left.. just came back an hour ago and it worked!

problem sorted!