Chiang Rai cave: Rescuers in race against time

webfact

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Very good questions. But dead or alive, they need to be somewhere. But where? 

Anyway we all hope they're alive in that Pattaya Beach area and they can be reached ASAP.

But personally, I think it's quite possible that they went "swimming" the first day and that was it.

I didn't think of the "going swimming" aspect, but now that you mention it, it's entirely possible something like that could have transpired.  

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Very good questions. But dead or alive, they need to be somewhere. But where? 

Anyway we all hope they're alive in that Pattaya Beach area and they can be reached ASAP.

But personally, I think it's quite possible that they went "swimming" the first day and that was it.

But wouldn't they have floated to the top by now? I'm thinking they are not in the pb also. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

But wouldn't they have floated to the top by now? I'm thinking they are not in the pb also. 

Yes that would be a mystery too. But remember that account from the long ago survivor? He was talking about soft spots in the floor of the cave that were basically sink holes/draining holes? Couldn't bodies be sucked down there?

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes that would be a mystery too. But remember that account from the long ago survivor? He was talking about soft spots in the floor of the cave that were basically sink holes/draining holes? Couldn't bodies be sucked down there?

Not 12 boys and a man. 

I keep expecting them to turn up in one of the pools. But no. 

So there's only left and right, left to search I think. 

1 minute ago, Julie H said:

You guys are just guessing and imagining, is that what you guys do on these forums? 

At this point, "guessing and imagining" are about the only options we have.  I believe everyone here is hoping and praying for a positive outcome to this situation, but those of us who are "realists" also understand there is a possibility of a "positive outcome" not occurring.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Julie H said:

You guys are just guessing and imagining, is that what you guys do on these forums? 

I think there's a lot of guessing going on at that cave as well. It's clear their best theory is the hope they are at PB but that doesn't mean they KNOW they are. 

• Like 1

The best outcome (obviously) is to find them alive at PB.  You might think the worst outcome is to find just corpses there. 

But what if they're not there, then what?  How much further will the rescue attempt need to push on, with an ever decreasing chance of finding them, and with ever increasing risk to the rescuers with the approaching rainy season (at least until they've managed to find a dry access route).  How long before they are forced to give up?

Hopefully they'll be found soon....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, greenchair said:

Hoping today will be the day. 

Gosh their hearts are going to sink if they get to pattaya beach and find nobody even went there. 

As I suspect. 

and Artisi replied:

luckily your  " I suspect " counts for nothing and is a bloody useless comment anyway, plus it would seem from the tone of all your posts, you will be overjoyed if your belief is fulfilled.

• this
  10 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I just cannot understand how a group of school kids could have been able to go so far into this cave system, when trained divers and NAVY seals are struggling to do it. 

and Artisi replied:

Are you for real, or just completely devoid of any real smarts - how about if it's explained to you for understanding -

the cave wasn't flooded when the kids went in - now it is - can you understand the difference

Wow, Artisi, you are in a nice polite mood today!  Could you possibly consider responding to other posters' comments without resorting to such rudeness?   Well, maybe not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Julie H said:

Good question. To which the answer is 'yes'.

When people run out of sensible things to say (which they did a while back), they create a vacuum, which they then fill with nonsense. Sadly.

Every day, the volume of faeces generated by natural processes is overwhelming.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:
  11 hours ago, greenchair said:

Hoping today will be the day. 

Gosh their hearts are going to sink if they get to pattaya beach and find nobody even went there. 

As I suspect. 

and Artisi replied:

luckily your  " I suspect " counts for nothing and is a bloody useless comment anyway, plus it would seem from the tone of all your posts, you will be overjoyed if your belief is fulfilled.

• this
  10 hours ago, BobbyL said:

I just cannot understand how a group of school kids could have been able to go so far into this cave system, when trained divers and NAVY seals are struggling to do it. 

and Artisi replied:

Are you for real, or just completely devoid of any real smarts - how about if it's explained to you for understanding -

the cave wasn't flooded when the kids went in - now it is - can you understand the difference

Wow, Artisi, you are in a nice polite mood today!  Could you possibly consider responding to other posters' comments without resorting to such rudeness?   Well, maybe not.

I can answer that for him. He needs to consistently demonstrate his alpha male credentials - lots of beta males out there with him in their sights. So no.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Julie H said:

Imagination, guessing, creativity or similar,  led to the iPhone, the computer, the internet, the automobile, the first jet planes and every thing else that make life easier for you today.....   :whistling:

You choice,  if it's something that turns you on, or puts you off....?

Edited by observer90210

All this bile is ridiculous.

What is truly and solely important is finding the children and coach.

Worst case to give the families closure,  since that time is fast aproaching,

considering their dress and lack of body fat to survive on over 9 days...

But best case a dramatic rescue and a slow but complete recovery for all of them.

And MAYBE someone in authority will post adequate warnings about the dangers

of entering into this cave system during rainy season.  This is NOT the first time.

Something I am fully aware of and I am not a Spelunker at all. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, peperobi said:

After losing 7/8 days you begin to fight against the time? A little be late or? I really hope that is not too late.

Is it true that in EU or US this case would be closed after 3 days ?

What did they do wrong here ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gaff said:

Is it true that in EU or US this case would be closed after 3 days ?

What did they do wrong here ?

In cases like that, they close immediately for everyone the area, only rescue peoples can be at the place. No cooperation between the many different rescue teams, too many sensation horny peoples (politician, soldiers, voyeurs) and too many media peoples.

Edited by peperobi
  • Like 1