Reliability of Thai Red Cross HIV/AIDS Centre?

MAK93

Hi all, 

How accurate are the results from the TRC? 

I completed a Anti_HIV test on the 27th June 2018 and the date of possible contraction was the 8th June 2018. So around 19/20 days after. 

I have done some research regarding NAAT tests etc. but do not know what the "Anti_HIV" test is. 

Some say it is valid after 2 weeks and some say valid after 4 weeks?

Can anybody help?

Thanks, 

MAK.

Assuming your results were negative? You could try again in 2 weeks for peace of mind but you will then need to have one more test in about 2 months just to be 1000% sure. The tests are accurate but everyone's body reacts in different ways.  How? Why? Do you think that you were exposed? Do you live here? 

Edited by SoNowWhat
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Might I suggest 'GOOGLE' and other computer searching since you didn't get too much 'personal experience' replies.......... I did hear somewhere on the net or forum before that the RED CROSS is a most trustworthy Organization for HIV testing in Thailand for accuracy......... 

But........ study and read 'online'............... It IS there.............   (even YouTube has a lot).............

EDIT to add........ I wouldn't stress too much however........... I have studied a lot and find that AIDS/HIV (Fortunately) is not so easy to catch.......... The virus is very fragile and has to live in 'ideal' conditions to survive a move from one body to another............. For women it is easier for the virus to survive the move mostly because the man's 'body fluids' can remain at a body temperature during the 'move' as HIS fluid remains inside her body at a consistant temperature....... HIV/AIDS virus cannot survive more than a minute in 'dryness' OR temperature above or below the human body temp. for more than a minute. 

All reports I read state the 'majority of infections' come from sharing needles (blood to blood) and ANAL SEX (Torn tissue in Anus - body fluid to blood)....... 

I have Known so many 'men friends' who had big numbers of Thai girls ..... over the past 30-35 years and only known 1 man years ago who got AIDS, and HE was suspected of Bi-sexual Male Anal activity........

It is the girls who are at a MUCH HIGHER RISK as our fluids remain inside them for a long time..........

Have PITY on the girls (and cover your own ass) by using a condom (in proper/clean manner).........

Edited by sawadeeken
to add more

The anti-HIV is an antibody test and these can sometimes be negative for the first month or more after infection as antibodies take time to form.

However TRC also does NAT test on each day's blood samples and then one by one if it comes up positive.NAT tests for actual presence of the virus and  will be positive within 1-2 weeks of exposure so you should be OK but for extra peace of mind, you can get a repeat antibody test after the 1 month mark.