Big Joke at the double! He's busting tailor, jewelry and rip off travel scams

webfact

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

This one policeman is doing what every other policeman in Thailand "should" be doing, proper proactive policework which in general Thai police don't seem to have any concept

Hopefully he is showing a very good example and hopefully the way forward 

Unfortunately, just about the time he makes a real dent in the corruption, he'll be brought up on bogus charges and transferred to an inactive post, sued (and prosecuted) for defamation, or gunned down in his driveway. 

It's that old "silver or lead" incentive program.  I just can't see it changing in our lifetimes, though I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wotsdermatter said:

These scams have been going on and reported to the local constabulary for decades without any action being taken against the perpetrators.  The person handling currently the situation should receive a mighty thank you from one and all if he is successful in fulfilling this task.  At least he appears to be doing his best to clean up some of the riff-raff that prey on unsuspecting tourists.

Remarks such as the one posted by sammieuk1 are uncalled for.

And stupid you could add!

• Thanks 1

Every one loves to have hand made shirts and suits..  I had them made for me in Hong Kong..the Indian Tailor comes with samples and measurements are done respectfully...... fitting...and refitting and again...and they were so chilled out about payments!!!.... And in Jermynn Street in London....I don't venture out to those slimy Indian Tailor shops.in Bankok...the few times I passed by and the nasty behaviour made me run....fast....

Edited by hashmodha
Additional words

6 hours ago, smedly said:

This one policeman is doing what every other policeman in Thailand "should" be doing, proper proactive policework which in general Thai police don't seem to have any concept

Hopefully he is showing a very good example and hopefully the way forward 

It's just a show. Others do the job and he gets the publicity.....Why only him??? 

7 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

It's just a show. Others do the job and he gets the publicity.....Why only him??? 

Are you jealous?  In all countries a head police officer work with a team but one are in the media for get the attention of the population to say we will fight the criminals 

Are that so hard to understand? 

This man is a hero because he show he and his team will continue regardless corruption in police government etc 

57 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Are you jealous?  In all countries a head police officer work with a team but one are in the media for get the attention of the population to say we will fight the criminals 

Are that so hard to understand? 

This man is a hero because he show he and his team will continue regardless corruption in police government etc 

The man is on a publicity crusade. It has little to do with the work of his force. If you don't see that, then you have been fooled as I suspect many Thai people have been. Think of all the extra crimes that could be solved if he wasn't spending all of his time in the limelight.

In Canada they have spokespeople who talk to the media. They don't have police chiefs beating their chests about the cases they have solved. And I suspect that is the case in most countries.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

The man is on a publicity crusade. It has little to do with the work of his force. If you don't see that, then you have been fooled as I suspect many Thai people have been. Think of all the extra crimes that could be solved if he wasn't spending all of his time in the limelight.

In Canada they have spokespeople who talk to the media. They don't have police chiefs beating their chests about the cases they have solved. And I suspect that is the case in most countries.

Well said...