Police let the mob go after early morning Beach Road attack in Pattaya

webfact

Police let the mob go after early morning Beach Road attack in Pattaya

7pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

Pattaya police gave a stern talking to a group of five or six young people involved in an altercation with a foreign man and his Thai girlfriend on Beach Road this morning.

Then they let them go without charge, reported Pattaya News. Both sides agreed with this, they said.

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

The media said that footage of the melee was taken by a member of the public. Many tourists saw what happened, they added.

It was not clear why trouble erupted.

Source: Pattaya News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-03

1 minute ago, Thaiwrath said:

Good to see the police managed to diffuse the situation before the other four or five turned up ! 

I suspect the 4 or 5 you're referring to are the reason "both sides agreed" to release everyone involved. 

I don't think it would be wise as a foreign visitor to insist on prosecuting the thugs, then try to make it back to my hotel.  Especially when "prosecuting the thugs" would probably result in a few hundred baht fine and holding them just until the spotlight faded from the story.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

I was criticised for complaining about Pattaya Plod's racism for prosecuting Arab bikers whilst ignoring Thai taxi drivers blatantly breaking the law.

Well - QED.

Not comparable, or relevant to the OP for that matter. The Arabs are causing a major public nuisance for local residents riding up and down the sois all night till daylight, in ridiculous numbers. The taxi mafia on the other hand are certainly a rip off, but they aren't forcing anyone to use their services, and there's plenty of alternatives. 

• Like 1