Extending TV warranty

damen

Hi guys, 

asking for advise. 4 days ago, i bought a television from index living mall. Looking to extend warranty as nowadays tv getting less reliable. 

I found out that this insurance company do offer electrical appliances insurance. 

This Extended Warranty is managed by AWP Services (Thailand) Co., Ltd. trading as Allianz Global Assistance. And is underwritten by Muang Thai Insurance Public Company Limited.

https://www.allianz-xtend.com/en/warranty-en/

asking if anybody here bought tv insurances from them, if the claim process is easy? 

I bought new 55sj850t at a good price (25900 baht), however i search online, their screen crack easy. Hence i am looking for option to extend the warranty as factory warranty does not cover crack screen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Funnily enough, I came to this thread looking for the same info and then noticed that I have the same LG 850T TV as well.  The TV has now developed a 2nd problem (the first was a broken remote control, the second, a flickering screen of white lines) which I thought would be covered under a 3 year warranty (the same as Singapore) but now I find that its just 1 lousy year for a TV that originally costs 89,990 baht.  Who in their right mind would purchase it at that price ?  I worked it out that mine has cost me 2500 baht in monthly rental fees and they want 26,000 baht to fix it

It goes without saying, I will never buy LG again

JAF

On 7/17/2018 at 1:48 PM, JustAnotherFarang said:

Funnily enough, I came to this thread looking for the same info and then noticed that I have the same LG 850T TV as well.  The TV has now developed a 2nd problem (the first was a broken remote control, the second, a flickering screen of white lines) which I thought would be covered under a 3 year warranty (the same as Singapore) but now I find that its just 1 lousy year for a TV that originally costs 89,990 baht.  Who in their right mind would purchase it at that price ?  I worked it out that mine has cost me 2500 baht in monthly rental fees and they want 26,000 baht to fix it

It goes without saying, I will never buy LG again

JAF

Yes, warranty policy often depending on the countries consumer law. I believed Thailand has no consumer law. Hence they often offer shit after service.  

However, I bought the warranty with alliance insurance for 2k plus which covered up to 3 years. Not sure how useful it is. As the Tv is great but come at a great cost due to defect.