confusing flight times from bkk to zurich

We are looking to fly to zurich in early nov or dec. 

I looked online 3rd dec for example. It says dept time is 00.35 and arrival 6.35  which I assume is 6.35am. The flight time is 12hr 20min direct flight. Zurich is 5 hours behind atm. 

If the departure time is 12.35am on the 3rd then I assume Im checking in 2 to 3 hours before on the day before (the 2nd dec). This is correct yes?

thanks

Yes, flight is 00:35 (35 minutes past midnight) and you have to check in in the evening of the 2nd.

Check out the Swiss flights (LX181), in my view better times, sometimes cheaper than Thai (depends on booking class) and quality in Swiss is better

Sent from my CPH1821 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

Many airlines fly from Bangkok to Zurich, including some of the world's best, with a stopover and change of planes en-route.

Flying like that rather than direct will probably be cheaper and may offer more convenient departure/arrival times. The extra duration of the flight is often less than 2-3 hours, and some people like the opportunity to stretch their legs half way. Certainly I would not want to spend 12 hours in one economy seat on one plane. When flying business class the prospect is much less unpleasant, in fact I'm quite looking forward to a 15-hour flight I will be taking soon.