Brit getting married in Thailand...

Arcdef

1 minute ago, Damaz6052 said:

With the docs the embassy gave you and your passport in hand. Go to the MFA and use translating service inside the MFA building. Take the escalator to the first floor and you'll see the translating service as you step off. No need to look for an agent. This office can take care of the translating and rubber stamping. The process takes 5 days. If you don''t want to wait.  They can post the docs to your home address via EMS.

Edited by Damaz6052

2 hours ago, silverdales said:

Presumably this translating service office in the MFA is an agent though?

Its just a freelance translating office, same as any outside. My wife used them once and they kept making mistakes and having to redo the document. Its better to use any of the offices scattered around the Embassies then you dont have the hassle of travelling to the MFA building yourself.

HL

Its just a freelance translating office, same as any outside. My wife used them once and they kept making mistakes and having to redo the document. Its better to use any of the offices scattered around the Embassies then you dont have the hassle of travelling to the MFA building yourself.
HL

I think one has to go to the MFA office to have the Thai translation of the affidavit stamped; but using a translation service near the embassy would save one of the journeys to the MFA which isn’t the easiest place to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

53 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

I think one has to go to the MFA office to have the Thai translation of the affidavit stamped; but using a translation service near the embassy would save one of the journeys to the MFA which isn’t the easiest place to get to.

Getting a translation done near your Embassy may save you one trip to MFA, but if the service you use makes a translation mistake you either have to go back to them or pay someone else to re-do it.  I have used the translation service on the 2nd floor at MFA two times without issues, but if I needed corrections, I'd only have to go down one floor to have it done.

Lemonjelly and tweedledee.......if you use a translation office around the Embassy then you dont need to go to the MFA at all, the office translates your documents then takes them to be stamped and then EMS to your address.

And if there are any mistakes then they are responsible for correcting them and taking them back again for stamping.

When that service is available I can never understand why anybody wants to trawl over to the MFA themselves.

HL

• Like 1

Lemonjelly and tweedledee.......if you use a translation office around the Embassy then you dont need to go to the MFA at all, the office translates your documents then takes them to be stamped and then EMS to your address.
And if there are any mistakes then they are responsible for correcting them and taking them back again for stamping.
When that service is available I can never understand why anybody wants to trawl over to the MFA themselves.
HL

Good tip Larry, wish I’d known that when I did mine, getting to the MFA was a pain in the butt.