Fiancee Visa

I have managed to contact her, seems she may have overlooked the page the visa is on, I cannot confirm that she has the visa but what I can say is that her passport went in with nothing in it now it has something stamped in it but she is unable to understand if it is the visa or not.

I feel it is as the FCO would not stamp a rejection into her passport would they, anyway she is having it faxed to me tomorrow I am confident, she seems a lot happier now too.

Rob :o

fracair - hate to disappoint you mate, but yes they do stamp rejections of visa(s) in passports. :o

Was on a high then thanks,

Without a letter stating why it was refused, and recieving a letter saying what to do once in the UK as regards to extending visa after marriage I think that we have it.

It was a bit of an oversight her not finding the stamp in her passport untill a recent post suggested that she check every page,

Thanks to everyone who has helped me, long winded I may have been but i had to get it right.

and to those who thought me a troll :D

Rob

Edited by fracair

Yes I've seen a thai ladies passport with said rejection stamp. She wouldn't tell me why she was rejected? (she was supposed to go to Wales and get married to her fiance) Never happened, so I suspect something dodgey going on. I know full well normally give you a letter and tell you why. I'm not saying you don't have a visa, but just wanted you to know yes they do stamp rejections. (tracking purposes I suspect)

Edited by britmaveric

When the visa is granted a sticker will be placed in the passport giving the details of the person, the visa type and length, and I'm sorry to say that it is pretty difficult to miss.

Yes and when a visa is refused this is stamped in the passport usually at the back, it doesn't actually say the visa has been refused but there is a reference number which can be checked on further application or indeed on eventual arrival at Border Control in the UK.

That all said, I think every reader of this forum is keeping everything crossed for you both.

Edited by Governor

When the visa is granted a sticker will be placed in the passport giving the details of the person, the visa type and length, and I'm sorry to say that it is pretty difficult to miss.

Yes and when a visa is refused this is stamped in the passport usually at the back, it doesn't actually say the visa has been refused but there is a reference number which can be checked on further application or indeed on eventual arrival at Border Control in the UK.

That all said, I think every reader of this forum is keeping everything crossed for you both.

I have not seen the stamp in her passport yet but she described it to say!

UK Immigration 6 month and apparently it has my name within it and my date of birth however, I cannot confirm this. What else it says I do not know

As I said I have not seen it and I have never seen one, I am still confused though, my partner can speak English, but she has a hard job describing or speaking about important issues.

I hope that tomorrow when I get the fax all will be revealed

Rob...

Honestly FLAKEY is the word for you and your girlfriend. I mean for crying out loud how difficult can it be for 2 people to work out if she has a visa or not .??

BTW just to set your mind at rest it is OBVIOUS you do have it .

The rejection stamp that everyone is going on about is nothing like a visa . It is a TINY TINY stamp on the BACK page of the passport . Will have a black line drawn horizontally through it . No-one in the world could mistake it for a visa .

Well done ....you deserve it .!!

Another success story.

Edited by the scouser
Removal of comments likely to incite other members.

Rob...

Honestly FLAKEY is the word for you and your girlfriend. I mean for crying out loud how difficult can it be for 2 people to work out if she has a visa or not .??

BTW just to set your mind at rest it is OBVIOUS you do have it .

The rejection stamp that everyone is going on about is nothing like a visa . It is a TINY TINY stamp on the BACK page of the passport . Will have a black line drawn horizontally through it . No-one in the world could mistake it for a visa .

Well done ....you deserve it .!!

Another success story.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone posted a copy of a settlement visa granted and someone posted a copy of a rejection stamp?

That way anyone who has seen neither will know which is which.

There must be a lot of people who have no idea what they look like (including me) and whose Thai partner is not fully conversant with the English language. Would save all this anxiety when their partner is in the UK and they are in Thailand.

I haven't got a copy, but a visa is a large paper stamp stuck in the body of the passport. It fills over half a page.

The stamp referred to is a tiny, about 10mm x 15mm, stamp placed on the back page of all passports, with the date of the application. If refused, then a line is drawn through this box.

Impossible, IMHO, to confuse the two.

I have never heard of anyone having a large stamp placed in their passport to say that a visa has been refused, as described by Britmaveric. Sorry.

AFAIK, if successful a visa will be stuck into the passport, if unsuccessful there will be nothing, except the tiny stamp on the back page.

Edited by GU22

I can confirm today that she definately has Fiancee visa. :o

If I were in Thailand when she received her passport I for one would have known, visa or not but I am 7000, miles away. I only had to go on what she relayed to me. When she telephoned me she was in tears saying we not get visa, she later told me that she expected a paper, or card for show immigration not stamped in the passport.

Too call us flaky or compare us to a 5 year old is unfair and unjust, this has been a tense time for us both and for a simple misunderstanding, she honestly felt we had not got the visa.

This is upsetting enough without being ripped apart on this forum, right from the beginning when I made my first post some people were being vindictive. Am I to blame I don't think so, I came to this forum seeking advice, I expected some constructive criticism but not to be ripped apart and try to made a fool of, as you are aware some of these posts got out of hand.

I except that you possibly do not wish to have me take offence and that you do wish me luck.

I have poured my heart out; I have searched and learned, I have asked questions when I was unsure of sometimes the simplest thing on this forum, only so that I understood everything I needed to do.

My reward for doing my job properly collating as much info as possible, my fiancée has a visa first time with no hassle.

I am not having a go here I am too happy for that I would just like to try and put the record straight, and maybe some people can go a little easier on first timers, no names mentioned.

Rob

Well done Rob , i told you that you had it didn't I?

Sorry if i seemed a bit hard . I still think you're a bit flakey but no doubt all the more lovable as a result!! Honestly sometimes i wish i was more like you , i am too organised and too serious at times. My intention was to help you with forthright opinion not the PC mild language that some use. Sometimes you need to be told/warned in plain language. Hope you will accept my apologies if i offended you ...i was trying to help.

Reading what you have written above and your previous posts there is no doubt this has put you through hel_l and back. Perhaps all of us here who have followed Rob's case should reflect of if its really neccessary for our immigration system to be putting couples through this amount of worry and stress . Surely there is a more humane way of dealing with visa applications?

Congratulations

Perhaps all of us here who have followed Rob's case should reflect of if its really neccessary for our immigration system to be putting couples through this amount of worry and stress . Surely there is a more humane way of dealing with visa applications?

It's difficult to imagine how this application could have been more humane. The necessary requirements are stated on the embassy web site. He provided what they asked, he submitted the application and got a successful result 4 days later. This should be an example to others who may apply, there is no need to worry yourself sick if you submit what is asked for.

Well done Rob

Perhaps all of us here who have followed Rob's case should reflect of if its really neccessary for our immigration system to be putting couples through this amount of worry and stress . Surely there is a more humane way of dealing with visa applications?

It's difficult to imagine how this application could have been more humane. The necessary requirements are stated on the embassy web site. He provided what they asked, he submitted the application and got a successful result 4 days later. This should be an example to others who may apply, there is no need to worry yourself sick if you submit what is asked for.

Well done Rob

No you miss my point. Rob , and no doubt thousands of others, get themselves into a right state over their visa applications. Even GU22 stated on this forum that getting his wife's visa was the most stressful time of his life. I am saying surely this amount of stress and worry over the uncertainty of the outcome could somehow be removed from the process. That somehow it should be made more customer friendly to avoid people worrying themselves sick. Do you understand what i mean now?

Thanks for that.

Good to get a posting on this topic with a practical and helpful link and without any sarcastic or derogatory comments.

He is not known as Vinny the Link for nothing :o

Never gets involved in all our petty squabbles, just good old fahioned clear info.

Good Luck

Moss

No you miss my point. Rob , and no doubt thousands of others, get themselves into a right state over their visa applications. Even GU22 stated on this forum that getting his wife's visa was the most stressful time of his life. I am saying surely this amount of stress and worry over the uncertainty of the outcome could somehow be removed from the process. That somehow it should be made more customer friendly to avoid people worrying themselves sick. Do you understand what i mean now?

It was more the fear of being denied a visa that is the most worrying part; the FCO can never take that part of the system away. In my case I took my time, got all the information I needed to give me a strong case, I provided everything they asked for and more. The letter of sponsorship was detailed and referenced, with only one line about our love for each other.

Really if people do as advised on this forum and on the UK-Vac web site, supply everything, not hide anything take a bit of time with there preparation and present in a nice portfolio, I feel this makes it hard for the FCO to deny application.

I the last 24 hours were the worst because she believed that we did not have the visa, I did not know what to say or do all I knew was that at some stage we would have to apply again. Then to discover she had the visa all along was such a releif I was to say the least very emotional.

Even GU22 stated on this forum that getting his wife's visa was the most stressful time of his life.
"one of the most....." I think is what I said. And it was.

I'll tell you why.

When I applied I knew nothing about UK immigration or the entry clearance process.

I knew nothing of internet forums such as this (was TV around in 2000?).

I did know someone who reckoned himself to be an expert. Unfortunately, like Atlastaname, this self proclaimed 'expert' took great delight in telling anyone stupid enough to listen that getting a UK visa for a Thai was next to impossible. That the ECOs were all biased, they were often obnoxious and rude to applicants from the 'lower classes' and only rich HiSo people stood any real chance of getting a visa.

Having just been refused a visit visa (our fault; rushed application, no evidence) I was stupid enough to listen to him.

So, having put the wife's settlement application in and awaiting the scheduled interview I was very stressed. Especially as work commitments meant I had to return to the UK and so could not be with her.

I needn't have worried. Her visa was issued after a mere five questions. For this thanks must go to a certain agent in Silom who made sure that we got it all right and provided all that was required.

If I had listened more to the agent and less to the 'expert' then I would not have been stressed at all. So when I discovered sites like this I decided to do what I could to make the process as stress free as possible for others, and successful of course.

The reality is that the vast majority of applicants, like Fracair's fiance, never see an ECO; because their visa is issued within a few days and with no interview.

It is people like you, Atlastaname, with your constant stream of horror stories and negative comments slipped in to most of your posts, that make the process seem stressful, that makes people panic and always suspect the worst. That make people believe that they stand very little chance of success. That if they are lucky then they will catch the ECO on a good day and maybe get the visa, but they probably wont. That only the rich can get a visa.

All the facts, all the figures and the experience of over 90% of all applicants show that you are talking utter rubbish when you say this.

I've asked you before why you do it; perhaps this time you will have the courtesy to answer.

Nice work matey, if you have only known her for just over a year then that gives me great confidence.

Thanks

I met her on the 27th January 2006. On the 17th October, we were engaged. On the 29th January 2007, we placed application for Fiancée visa.

Thanks for shareing you info GU22

Edited by fracair

Hi Fracair,

I too have followed your posts from the beginning.

I started off thinking you were naive and needed help.

I then decided you were having a laugh, something I find a little obtuse considering the amount of genuine people who require help in the most difficult time of their lives, I am still not sure whether you are for real, if you are, then to quote a previous line, you are quite flaky if not charming in your naivity.

However, if everything has turned out well, I wish you luck for the future, alternatively if you generally live under a bridge without the aid of the sun I congratulate you for the doing what is generally impossible, getting others to attack each other on this forum.

I know I have said this before, but what the heck, I will say it again, mainly because the Rugby was awful today and I am bored, but can the two protagonists, keep it under control, in my opinion.

We are all, I believe here to learn and get the best out of the forum, and it is my opinion that it is being diluted by trivial point scoring that not only distracts the critical points for the individual posters but also discourages new posters that are in need of help in their hour of need.

Don't get me wrong, I believe you have plenty to offer, but blimey it does get a little tiresome.

I suppose you could say I do not need to read the posts, well that is true, but I do not need your help regarding this forum anymore either, but think of those that do and are put off by the petty squabling.

Just my point of view of course , I will expect a flame or two, it wont be my first.

Good Luck

Moss

I take my hat off to you Moss you have been quite generous in your wording today! For what it's worth, it is for real.

I hated the fact that some people took my post off thread, and turned it into there own battleground, thus leaving me feeling confused and vulnerable at a time when I needed good solid advice.

So I decided to Just observe, search read for a while, I ended up getting more out of the site this way, that’s not to say that some have not been helpful they have.

Edited by fracair

I think if and when I get my fiance her visa I wont give a rats arse about anything else.

I hope you feel good about what you've done and you two have a wonderful life together.

Now wish me luck, eh? I'll need it... :o

I know I have said this before, but what the heck, I will say it again, mainly because the Rugby was awful today
Scottish? :o
can the two protagonists, keep it under control,
I would like nothing better. Unfortunately, Atlastaname seems determined to slip his snide, unhelpful and untruthful comments into his posts at every opportunity. Usually the people he is replying to are relative newbies and so are unaware of his history and bias. It is in an effort to reassure these people that I feel the need to counter his posts with the actual facts.

If someone posts requesting information or advice on the UK visa application process I will keep any reply on subject and provide the information requested, and not offer any opinion on the visa process; provided Atlastanamne can do the same.

However, if he continues to post his rubbish then I will continue to offer an alternative, fact based viewpoint.

I think if and when I get my fiance her visa I wont give a rats arse about anything else.

I hope you feel good about what you've done and you two have a wonderful life together.

Yes-good luck with your application, have you made the application yet? So long as you supply everything they need, more besides as much proof as possible.

We had only been together a year but I was able to send three A4 folders full with info, remember to show receipts whilst in Thailand everything and you should not have a problem. I hope all goes well for you.

Rob

Good Luck Ding.

It is more a point of getting your information across, putting the relative data in place and ticking the boxes, than pure luck.

Bags of good info here if you have used it, it will put you in good stead.

Good Luck again

Moss

I know I have said this before, but what the heck, I will say it again, mainly because the Rugby was awful today
Scottish? :o
can the two protagonists, keep it under control,
I would like nothing better. Unfortunately, Atlastaname seems determined to slip his snide, unhelpful and untruthful comments into his posts at every opportunity. Usually the people he is replying to are relative newbies and so are unaware of his history and bias. It is in an effort to reassure these people that I feel the need to counter his posts with the actual facts.

If someone posts requesting information or advice on the UK visa application process I will keep any reply on subject and provide the information requested, and not offer any opinion on the visa process; provided Atlastanamne can do the same.

However, if he continues to post his rubbish then I will continue to offer an alternative, fact based viewpoint.

Well G',

I have been called many things in my short life, most of them abusive, disparaging and in some cases racially motivated, but never, ever Scottish :D

My Country played today and they were not singing Land of my Fathers. :D

Can I just press one point further and at this point I would say your response is probably better than I deserved, but you could always press your point just as forcibly without diluting your advice with trying to denounce somebody elses post.

Newbies will always get a cross section of advice and at the end of the day, it is their choice, if they want to believe it is impossible, then in its most simple sense, it is a self defeating prophesy, if it is impossible, so why bother, which in turn will lead to a poor application and so in turn, a refusal.

But if they get good advice from yourself and the other usual informed posters, and they follow the advice they will be better set for the anxiety that will inevitably follow.

However if it then gets diluted, confused and completely fudged in the internal battles that usually unfold, how on earth can they see thru the Fog of War and see what is best.

By the way, I enjoyed your little story above, I had little help in my first years of attempting to 'break the gain line', in applying for visas, it reminded me of my anxiety, although I rarely listen to anybody and so didn't have the handicap of so called experts.

Although I have had the benefit of some great advice on here from what cannot be denied as experts in their chosen field.

Good Luck

Moss