New coworking space at Gaysorn opens for undiscerning elite

snoop1130

New coworking space at Gaysorn opens for undiscerning elite

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

GREATROOM_180629_0019-696x463.jpg

BANGKOK — A new coworking space has opened with sleek facilities in a great location that many will never set foot in.

The Great Room, a two-story space high up Gaysorn Tower in the cosmopolitan heart of town offers a cavernous space with beige walls, brown desks, tasteful-yet-unadventurous decor and an entry fee too high for the kind of people who made ‘coworking’ a thing.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/life/2018/07/05/new-coworking-space-at-gaysorn-opens-for-undiscerning-elite/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-7-5
  • Haha 1

Found some co-working spaces in Thailand to be a bit over the top compared to Hong Kong, KL or Shenzhen.  This one is totally ridiculous for Bangkok and rightly ridiculed by the article.

There was a nice one not far from Ari.  The people there insisted I bring my 20 year old dog with me when I come.  Just reminds me the good in Thailand usually outweighs the bad, even now.

Edited by yellowboat
  • Like 1

Today, co working is a fashion trend where the hype-hi-so-wannabees,  can bling bling their latest macBook Pro's and ear buds, while pretending to work in a common space....

...the whole sprit, creativity, cooperation or start-up innovation has plainly gone down the (blocked) drain....  unfortunately...

Edited by observer90210

From the article:

The Thailand Creative and Design Center, or TCDC, costs ฿100 for a one-day pass and although that does not include refreshments, it comes with a whole library of design books.

I highly recommend the TCDC for anyone looking for a nice place to work, with a great library, and pretty much a museum of materials available in Thailand, along with references to where those materials can be purchased.  Well worth the slog even just to look.  It's in an impressive former Thailand Post building on Charoen Krung (sp?), a 10 minute brisk walk from Hua Lamphong or about the same from the BTS Thaksin Bridge.   (I walked over from Hua Lamphong, and just looked at Maps to see if the BTS was closer)  There's also places inside to grab a coffee or snack.  It was a very pleasant surprise, especially at $3 per day, with discounted longer term memberships available.

That said, the Gaysorn area where the co-working space in the OP is located is over the top to begin with, and I have no doubt they will draw enough wealthy Thai's that don't want to be associated with the unwashed masses.  Which could make it a good place to go networking...