Video: Tales of the unexpected as family gets 50,000 baht only

webfact

Video: Tales of the unexpected as family gets 50,000 baht only

bkk.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Dash cam footage from an incident north of Bangkok has to be seen to be believed.

As most viewers are expecting to see yet another example of bad driving on the road in front comes an unexpected twist.

A cement truck working on the construction on Route 6 in the Pak Chong area hits a power pole that comes crashing down on a family Toyota giving them no chance of evasive action.

Three people were injured in the incident that Facebook poster "Dao Krajai" said happened on May 25th at KM 80/81 on the Bang Pa-In - Saraburi - Korat Road.

Thai Rath reported that the poster is furious that the family have received only 50,000 baht after their car was totally destroyed.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-10

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

First thing I learned when I started to drive 52 years ago, i.e. stay to the left, unless overtaking.

Lucky to be alive, did you say 1sr class insurance, sheet yeh, on everything, car, house, health when in Thailand !!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

First thing I learned when I started to drive 52 years ago, i.e. stay to the left, unless overtaking.

Lucky to be alive, did you say 1sr class insurance, sheet yeh, on everything, car, house, health when in Thailand !!!

I don't agree, staying to the left in thailand where all big trucks are and who knows what that may pop out of streets is more dangerous than the right. Of course there are cars that drive fast and tail gate on the right, but just left them pass and move on back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mike324 said:

I don't agree, staying to the left in thailand where all big trucks are and who knows what that may pop out of streets is more dangerous than the right. Of course there are cars that drive fast and tail gate on the right, but just left them pass and move on back.

The law says keep left. The idiots that drive in the right hand lane are just that, idiots. 

I have no sympathy for this driver. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Irrelevant... there's more on the (curb) left side that could hit you anyway.

I know I'd be getting a full payout... all that's needed here is a decent lawyer. Yes, easier said than done.

32 minutes ago, tropo said:

Seriously, you're turning this into a debate about which side of the road is safer. What would you say if a power pole on the left side hit him?... which is far more likely too.

I have full sympathy for this driver. 

Yes. Seriously. Those that constantly drive on the right are a hazard. Maybe the driver hasn't been paid in full as he was breaking the law when the accident occurred. Not even a good lawyer can argue in favour braking the law.

8 minutes ago, puchooay said:

Yes. Seriously. Those that constantly drive on the right are a hazard. Maybe the driver hasn't been paid in full as he was breaking the law when the accident occurred. Not even a good lawyer can argue in favour braking the law.

It's not the place he was driving that brought down the pole. Even if the utility provider tried to argue he shouldn't have been there, there's more than 50k responsibility for the loss incurred. They have already agreed to pay 50k. That's a start. They've already admitted liability and made a low offer. It would not be difficult to push it up.

On 7/10/2018 at 7:39 PM, puchooay said:

The law says keep left. The idiots that drive in the right hand lane are just that, idiots. 

I have no sympathy for this driver. 

The law says drive on the left, but if you are driving faster than cars on the left but still within the speed limit, you drive can on the middle or right. Heck even in Europe and first world countries, you don't see cars driving exclusively on the left.

The fact that the pole could have hit any car in any lane, you would still blame the driver? What poor judgement. I could easily pull up hundreds of videos where majority of accidents happen on the left due to impropery parked cars, motorcycles and cars jumping out for streets, etc. I still take my chances on the right.

• Thanks 1

At the time of the accident, and some time before, there was no traffic on the inside 2 lanes. The driver had no reason at all to be in the outside lane.

Drive on the left. Keep your eyes on the road. Use the outside lane(s) to overtake. Once overtaking is completed then return to the inside lane. Simple.