applying for Non O Retirement visa

Hi  there

I am applying for a Non O Retirement Visa was given the list of documents required by the Immigration office 

just to confirm what's required before I turn up

Form TM 87

Copies of passport visa TM6

Photos

2000 Baht

Official guarantee Pension letter from the British Embassy with Monthly Pension listed

thankyou

If you are on a visa exempt entry a TM87 form is used. If on a entry from a tourist visa entry a TM86 change of visa status form is used.

You need at least 15 days remaining on your entry to do the application for a non immigrant visa.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

If you are on a visa exempt entry a TM87 form is used. If on a entry from a tourist visa entry a TM86 change of visa status form is used.

You need at least 15 days remaining on your entry to do the application for a non immigrant visa.

yes I am on a 30 day visa exempt entry

just confirming they are not going to surprise me with other paperwork requirement's 

thankyou for the reply 

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not the title look at the next line down for the actual title.

image.png.3d5c22998703ce4ea3f8c78b1b45ae0b.png

OK thank you Joe but I can see a lot of people thinking that same way as I did. Thainess I guess.

2 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

I had a look at that site and changed it to English with no problem but........this is in the title:  Change visa - FOR MONK, NUN, PRIEST STUDYING DHARMA IN THAILAND

Only for them?

I agree it's misleading.

You have to open these pages on their website to make discoveries.

Reminds me of 'lucky bags' when I was a kid, you never knew what was inside until you opened it.

12 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

I agree it's misleading.

You have to open these pages on their website to make discoveries.

Reminds me of 'lucky bags' when I was a kid, you never knew what was inside until you opened it.

Wow that takes me back.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Mjwiggins said:

You also need TM30 from your landlord. Mine gave me a copy of their ID, a form and a registry of aliens in residence with my name on it

In many/most cases, yes, but this depends on which office he uses.  Chang Wattana in Bangkok does not require them.

25 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

A black jack, mojo, maybe a lolly, but best of all a plastic toy you could assemble...……. that lasted approx 5 minutes  ?

Or broke when you were trying to put it together.

Edit.

I remember a battleship that had two pieces and one side was slightly longer than the other and would never actually go together.??

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2018 at 11:15 AM, shackleton said:

yes I am on a 30 day visa exempt entry

just confirming they are not going to surprise me with other paperwork requirement's 

thankyou for the reply 

I am doing this now.  I am a returning retiree, been away a year. I took the THB800K P/A route. I arrived on a 30 day tourist visa exemption and was tardy in getting the money into my existing account.  So I'd burned up most of my 30 days before today (had 12 days left) that cost me thb 1900 getting a further 30 day tourist extension first. 

They also wanted my proof of rental at my address, or in my precise case,  girlfriends ID, her home ownership papers, and the slip confirming she reported my 'alien' presence there on time. 

In my case, they also now want a print out of the forex transfer of the cash to Thailand as well as the bank letter,  bank passbook and copies of the front pages and bank transfer page.

More and more paperwork than ever. 

All photocopies other than their forms must be single sided.  They have been known to reuse the blank side. Last year I got a bit of paper from them with some French guys passport data on the back. A gross security breach, elsewhere, but TIT. 

Seems the blue background supersized photo is back in fashion too.  Although they accepted a white background one from my last catch today.  I had to get another photo because  I'd botched my timing on showing up, for the whole process.  It's B200 for six on site,  or get many more for less elsewhere, if you shop around. Meechock plaza photo shop are particularly good value. If you don't know it,  don't bother, it's not near you,  and your transport costs there will cancel the savings. 

I'm philosophical  about the extra hoops and changes, it's still a doddle compared to dealing with western immigration authorities, no matter what the tabloid press say about refugee 'priveledges'. Thailand seem to be taking long term entry  seriously at last,  and if that means less shady characters get the green light,  I'm all for it. 

12 minutes ago, Small Joke said:

I am doing this now.  I am a returning retiree, been away a year. I took the THB800K P/A route. I arrived on a 30 day tourist visa exemption and was tardy in getting the money into my existing account.  So I'd burned up most of my 30 days before today (had 12 days left) that cost me thb 1900 getting a further 30 day tourist extension first. 

They also wanted my proof of rental at my address, or in my precise case,  girlfriends ID, her home ownership papers, and the slip confirming she reported my 'alien' presence there on time. 

In my case, they also now want a print out of the forex transfer of the cash to Thailand as well as the bank letter,  bank passbook and copies of the front pages and bank transfer page.

More and more paperwork than ever. 

Normal procedure when doing a conversion from a Visa exempt entry, as per the guidance on Immigrations website.

Entering with a Non Imm O Visa makes life easier, but these have become harder to get at many Thai Embassy/Consulates now, unless married to a Thai.

Thailand seem to be taking long term entry  seriously at last,  and if that means less shady characters get the green light,  I'm all for it. 

Having no criminal record is not a requirement so i can't see there being less shady characters.

Ok when applying for a non imm O in say the UK you need a police check, so criminals will just apply in Thailand.

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Ok when applying for a non imm O in say the UK you need a police check, so criminals will just apply in Thailand.

There is no requirement for a criminal record check for either a single or multiple entry Non Imm O Visa.

Your confusing it with the Non Imm O-A (long stay) Visa, which requires a medical and criminal record check.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

I just successfully did a conversion from a tourist visa to a Non-Imm "O" for retirement at Chonburi immigration. I have listed everything I did. I used the income affidavit method as I am from USA and this is allowed for US citizens. Read here for my complete experience.