Wich embassy/consulate ?

My tourist visa extension expires 22 July, wich embassy/consulate are the easiest one to give you a second tourist visa?

i got my last tourist visa in Vientiane 25april if I’m not wrong, previously I have been in and out of Thailand by airplanes to Cambodia twice, Vietnam once, and Malaysia  once (by land)

the trip to to Malaysia,Vietnam and one of the trip to Cambodia was last year.

each time I stayed 3-4 daysin the country before  enter Thailand on visa extemptions wich  I extended each time and total 4 times.

Not easy staying here long term at the age of 25 years old, if you have some recommendation on other options to stay here long term please tell me.

thank you ????

Edited by 1dayumay
Wrong writing

You shouldn’t have a problem getting another Tourist Visa from Vientiane. 

Unless you you can afford the Thailand Elite PE Visa (min 500K baht), your only other option, if not going to work, is a Non ‘ED’ (education) visa.

• Like 1

I congratulate you on finding Thailand so young - I wish I had.

One option is a Non-O based on volunteer work, which can be part-time.  I spoke to someone who got one in Chang Mai with the use of a local organization plus an agent, and they reported the work-load was minimal (a few hrs/wk planting trees, etc).  Expect to pay paperwork and agent fees for this.  I do not know what other areas have these opportunities available.

Depending on your skills, you might find a job here, which would enable you to qualify for a B-Visa plus extensions-of-stay based on work.

If you have 10M Baht available, you can get an extension here based on investment (must be used to buy new-condos, or put in specified investment-types / bank, etc).  Once the investment is made, and if it is held, the permitted-stay is renewable, annually, forever.

As to continuing as a Tourist:

There are no legal limits on how many times / length-of-time you can be in Thailand per-year on Tourist Visas.  Therefore, as long as you do not violate the terms (working illegally, overstaying), you can do the Tourist-Visa route indefinitely.  The key is to carry 20K Baht worth of cash, and enter Thailand where only the actual laws are followed - avoiding places where Immigration has decided to invent their own limits.  Currently, this means not flying-in or entering via the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing.  All other land-borders are OK, but some may ask to see the 20K Baht worth of cash.

There are special limitations on Visa-Exempt entries, which are granted at the discretion of Immigration.  I would save Visa-Exempts for any time you have a problem getting a Tourist Visa, and only use them to enter by land.  Given your history, I would not try entering Visa-Exempt by air, and would expect possible problems by air even with a Tourist Visa.  Currently, the only land-border which will give you any trouble is the Poipet/Aranyaprathet crossing - avoid it in ALL cases.  The rest will follow the "2 per calendar year" rule (applies to land-border visa-exempt entries), and grant them if that limit has not been reached.

After entering Thailand via a land-border, you can fly domestic-air to reach your destination within Thailand, without having to deal further with Immigration.  For example, entering via Pedang Besar from Malaysia - fly from Hat Yai airport; or entering at Nong Khai - take a van to Udon Thanni airport; etc.  This can save you from marathon bus-trips though, in some cases, sometimes an overnight VIP bus can be the most convenient and comfortable option.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JackThompson said:

I congratulate you on finding Thailand so young - I wish I had.

One option is a Non-O based on volunteer work, which can be part-time.  I spoke to someone who got one in Chang Mai with the use of a local organization plus an agent, and they reported the work-load was minimal (a few hrs/wk planting trees, etc).  Expect to pay paperwork and agent fees for this.  I do not know what other areas have these opportunities available.

Depending on your skills, you might find a job here, which would enable you to qualify for a B-Visa plus extensions-of-stay based on work.

If you have 10M Baht available, you can get an extension here based on investment (must be used to buy new-condos, or put in specified investment-types / bank, etc).  Once the investment is made, and if it is held, the permitted-stay is renewable, annually, forever.

As to continuing as a Tourist:

There are no legal limits on how many times / length-of-time you can be in Thailand per-year on Tourist Visas.  Therefore, as long as you do not violate the terms (working illegally, overstaying), you can do the Tourist-Visa route indefinitely.  The key is to carry 20K Baht worth of cash, and enter Thailand where only the actual laws are followed - avoiding places where Immigration has decided to invent their own limits.  Currently, this means not flying-in or entering via the Poipet/Aranyaprathet border crossing.  All other land-borders are OK, but some may ask to see the 20K Baht worth of cash.

There are special limitations on Visa-Exempt entries, which are granted at the discretion of Immigration.  I would save Visa-Exempts for any time you have a problem getting a Tourist Visa, and only use them to enter by land.  Given your history, I would not try entering Visa-Exempt by air, and would expect possible problems by air even with a Tourist Visa.  Currently, the only land-border which will give you any trouble is the Poipet/Aranyaprathet crossing - avoid it in ALL cases.  The rest will follow the "2 per calendar year" rule (applies to land-border visa-exempt entries), and grant them if that limit has not been reached.

After entering Thailand via a land-border, you can fly domestic-air to reach your destination within Thailand, without having to deal further with Immigration.  For example, entering via Pedang Besar from Malaysia - fly from Hat Yai airport; or entering at Nong Khai - take a van to Udon Thanni airport; etc.  This can save you from marathon bus-trips though, in some cases, sometimes an overnight VIP bus can be the most convenient and comfortable option.

Alright, thanks for your help??

I’m going for a second tourist visa in Vientiane then, will I be fine enter by land?

since I have only entered Thailand this year on one visa extemptions, does that meen I have 4 left this year?

???

22 minutes ago, 1dayumay said:

I’m going for a second tourist visa in Vientiane then, will I be fine enter by land?

Yes, you would cross the Friendship bridge into Nong Khai.  They are not reported to ask to see 20K Baht in cash, but best to have it in case they ask.

since I have only entered Thailand this year on one visa extemptions, does that meen I have 4 left this year?

???

There is only a known-count if entering visa-exempt by land, which is 2 total per calendar year.  If you received your last Visa-Exempt this year from Cambodia by land, you have only 1 left.  If you flew in, you can still get 2 visa-exempt entries by land in 2018.

For visa-exempts by air, the count is not specified, though there is some sort of warning that pops up if you have 6 in the last several years (since they began counting).  How you are treated at the airport-checkpoint, after reaching this number (or less, or more) is seemingly random.

But note that this count does not apply to entering with Tourist Visas - only Visa-Exempts.  There is no count for entering with a Tourist Visa.

Edited by JackThompson
  • Thanks 1