Has anyone been able to pay by Kasikorn online recently?

Over the past several days whenver I get redirected to pay for something by my kasikorn internet banking card, I first have to enter the details of new virtual card - acc. # and limit. it happens when you have a new virtual card.

Virtual card = you open/close  it in your internet banking.

After I enter them, even if I do it quickly, I always get "timeout, you were entering them too slow. Try again". And no button to return.

I've tried to pay for different services over the past few days.

Has anyone experienced that?

I can't call them because I'm abroad. I sent them 2 email to [email protected] - no reply after "We've received you email......."

Edited by chado

I have 4 monthly bills that I pay via Kasikorn and a debit card that I also use for online purchases...no problems to date.  Last successful transaction was this AM (phone bills).

3 hours ago, chado said:

each time this

111.png

Looks like your internet connection is too slow.

But also are you copying and pasting the card number to make entering it quicker, or are you manually typing it out each time?

2 minutes ago, seancbk said:

Looks like your internet connection is too slow.

But also are you copying and pasting the card number to make entering it quicker, or are you manually typing it out each time?

I don't think you can copy and paste; the numbers are entered into individual boxes. 

Hmm.

I just went into my K-bank account and found this "Apply Card" entry for the "Web Shopping Card".

See screenshot.

I must admit it looks new to me and I have no idea what "VbV" and "Non VbV" merchants are.

See section 3).

Have you checked this feature and did this "Apply Card" for one day?

It might be that your merchant is not adhering to security procedures that K-bank expects?

applycard.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ

7 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I don't think you can copy and paste; the numbers are entered into individual boxes. 

Most ecommerce sites I use have a single field for the visa card number.  I always paste it in.

I have a LOT of trouble with this, and it was nothing to do with the internet connection. The message is misleading. The problem was that I was not entering the data correctly. The form is VERY confusing as to what you need to enter. If you post a screen shot of the form screen (with empty fields, of course), maybe I can remember enough to assist you. If I remember correctly, it all came down to the "secret phrase" (or something like that) and not understanding what I needed to enter.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hmm.

I just went into my K-bank account and found this "Apply Card" entry for the "Web Shopping Card".

See screenshot.

I must admit it looks new to me and I have no idea what "VbV" and "Non VbV" merchants are.

Have you checked this feature and did this "Apply Card" for one day?

It might be that your merchant is not adhering to security procedures that K-bank expects?

applycard.jpg

VBV = Verified by Visa

Non-VBV = Not verified by Visa

The shopping card is great.  I've been using mine for years to purchase air tickets, computer software, pay for hosting and buy stuff on Lazada

• Like 1

Just now, seancbk said:

The shopping card is great.  I've been using mine for years to purchase air tickets, computer software, pay for hosting and buy stuff on Lazada

Me too. Not had a problem like the described yet.

It might have happened that I had set the spending limit too low but that's it.

9 minutes ago, timendres said:

I have a LOT of trouble with this, and it was nothing to do with the internet connection. The message is misleading. The problem was that I was not entering the data correctly. The form is VERY confusing as to what you need to enter. If you post a screen shot of the form screen (with empty fields, of course), maybe I can remember enough to assist you. If I remember correctly, it all came down to the "secret phrase" (or something like that) and not understanding what I needed to enter.

I'd like to see what was confusing you as I'm a techie and creating easy to use web interfaces is part of what I do.   

It certainly might help some of the other non technical users too.

from what I have understand, the ISP uses "dynamic" addresses rotated regularly.
So, the Bank expects an answer from one IP address, and refuses the log-in information sent by the new address,
but the connection is not lost so one receives the error message.

I work around it by using my cellular as hot-spot, what for me has been successful.

@seancbk or someone else with technical expertise that can confirm the assumptions ?

Edited by KKr

If you have a smart phone then try this.......... Turn the phone OFF......... Wait a couple minutes then turn it on again...... Somehow that recycles a phone that has developed a 'glitch' and has a problem doing normal chores.....

I am in the US now but a couple weeks ago was in Pattaya........ My KASIKORN banking wouldn't load (or open)......... I went into a KASIKORN branch and asked a teller............ she asked if I had done that and I said no...... She turned it off then on and SURE ENOUGH, it worked.......

Now back in the US I have used it many times for 'Top-up' AIS and transfer money to some Thai's accounts......

But....... If this don't help in your case then do try it at some other WiFi locations, not just that one location...........

Edited to add....... Do you have the same SIM card in the phone???????? IF NOT, try putting your Thai Sim back in that phone for the moment (but continue to use WiFi -- not the SIM)......

Edited by sawadeeken
add a line

Another suggestion.............. Get (download) SKYPE and/or VoipDiscount Apps to your phone ............. You can call anywhere in the world, including Thailand (and in Thailand you can call anywhere in the world) FOR JUST PENNIES.................. then call to KASIKORN in Thailand and talk to them about it......... VERY CHEAP CALLING ---- and there are a number of similar Worldwide (internet/WiFi) services........

On 7/13/2018 at 2:39 PM, seancbk said:

I'd like to see what was confusing you as I'm a techie and creating easy to use web interfaces is part of what I do.   
It certainly might help some of the other non technical users too.

Unfortunately, the form in question is only displayed once, at the first time you use it.

From what I can recollect, the form was asking my for a "pass phrase" or "secret phrase".

At the time I read the form, I could not understand where I was supposed to obtain this phrase, as I had never been provided with one. So I kept trying different phrases that I thought applied. I finally gave up and made a phone call. It was the second time around, after renewing the virtual card, that the form was displayed again and I noticed it had been improved, and provided a minimal explanation stating that I was creating a new phrase that would be related to the use of my card.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:04 PM, KKr said:

from what I have understand, the ISP uses "dynamic" addresses rotated regularly.
So, the Bank expects an answer from one IP address, and refuses the log-in information sent by the new address,
but the connection is not lost so one receives the error message.

no

19 hours ago, phetphet said:

Are you using an ad blocker? I had a similar problem with another website, and it was my AdBlocker software that was the problem. switched it off and everything worked.

yes, as always with kasikorn and i've never had a problem

On 7/13/2018 at 2:28 PM, timendres said:

can be

account #

card valid until

credit card spending limit

I've always entered my virtual debit card spending limit as I remember correctly - no problem

why *credit*? I tried to enter 0 because it's a debit virtual card - it wouldn't allow me to proceed

Ok I have your solution.

I went overseas a few months ago and during my stay had your exact same problem.

couldn't do anything online etc. Pissed me off, but unsolvable from where I was.

When I returned I phoned Kasikorn  (they are good with great english speakers).

I'm sorry I can't remember the exact reason, but the only solution is to call Kasikorn and they will reactivate your card verification, BUT then you must go through the online procedure again which will NOW WORK.

I know this is probably complicated for you, but is the only way.

The Kasikorn number is on the back of your card.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, thainet said:

Ok I have your solution.

I went overseas a few months ago and during my stay had your exact same problem.

couldn't do anything online etc. Pissed me off, but unsolvable from where I was.

When I returned I phoned Kasikorn  (they are good with great english speakers).

I'm sorry I can't remember the exact reason, but the only solution is to call Kasikorn and they will reactivate your card verification, BUT then you must go through the online procedure again which will NOW WORK.

I know this is probably complicated for you, but is the only way.

The Kasikorn number is on the back of your card.

Hope this helps.

why didn't you close your old and open a new virtual card via internet banking?