Bail denied - Pattaya man who impersonated PM ordered held as flight risk

rooster59

Bail denied - Pattaya man who impersonated PM ordered held as flight risk

impers.JPG

Image: Daily News

The Pattaya mobile shop guy who was selling SIM cards to foreigners in the name of Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha appeared in court in Bangkok yesterday.

The Ratchadaphisek court ordered him held for an initial 12 days from 13th to 24th July so that four more witness statements could be gathered. 

Pheeramet Wongthongkeua, 31, was arrested on Wednesday at the Chan Mobile shop after complaints from True. A computer, phones and SIM cards were taken into evidence. 

It is alleged that he sold SIM cards in the name of the PM to foreigners. 

Pheeramet, a Bang Lamung native,has admitted to some charges of using false documents but also faces defamation charges. 

The court decided that he represented a significant flight risk so a bail application was denied.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-14

31 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The court decided that he represented a significant flight risk so a bail application was denied.

They were worried airlines would offer him a free first-class upgrade if he booked using the same ID card for the SIMs.

• Haha 2

I understand fully that they do not grant bail to this man. The flight risk is very imminent and highly probable. I mean, impersonating the PM by using his name. I know we have the death penatly here, but the penalty that awaits him for this!!!! Ouuuch! It´s just a very new and far to real version of a living hell filled with extreme and out of this earth techniques to inflict massive pain without hurting any vital organs to disturb the possibility to relive it over and over again. Death would be a blessing. :cheesy:

6 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I understand fully that they do not grant bail to this man. The flight risk is very imminent and highly probable. I mean, impersonating the PM by using his name. I know we have the death penatly here, but the penalty that awaits him for this!!!! Ouuuch! It´s just a very new and far to real version of a living hell filled with extreme and out of this earth techniques to inflict massive pain without hurting any vital organs to disturb the possibility to relive it over and over again. Death would be a blessing. :cheesy:

Yep, the Americans did carry out waterboarding at a secret location in Thailand (Utapo). I've no doubt that they allowed their Thai counterparts to observe. A nasty fate indeed!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

'Pattaya man who impersonated PM ordered held as flight risk'

Funny that they are so unable to recognise real flight risks when they are staring them in the face. Red Bull Willy is just one example.

But then, money talks loud and very clear. 

image.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Take his mask off, I want to compare photographs; he's certainly less portly than the PM.

Ha ha! Irrespective of who one may be criticising, surely 'less portly' is the diplomatic way of saying 'not so fat'.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 3:30 AM, BestB said:

Do not get it, what is so special about SIM card to be sold in the name of PM?

and true complained about what? Selling out of SIM cards?

I think it constitutes fraud...

Just the same as if he used the name Donald Duck.

On 7/14/2018 at 9:30 AM, BestB said:

Do not get it, what is so special about SIM card to be sold in the name of PM?

and true complained about what? Selling out of SIM cards?

Before the current way of registering sim cards with ID, there was no need for identification and many was used as bomb detonator in the south, hence the new regime of photo ID required at all shops that sell the SIM, some lazy shop owners who couldn't be arsed to argue with tourist just use their own for all the cards they sold.

This guy probably decided to stick it to the man by giving out the PM's id which he managed to get a hold of somehow

He's lucky he's not a coin dealer

- 'cos that'd really have him cashing in his chips...

but they need to grow a thicker skin really! 

and this dude now knows they are not playing his game:

The Sims

Edited by tifino

The enforcement of the law seems to vary when it's a high profile soft-drink multi billionnaire heir charged with murder of a low rank police offier,   a high profile wealthy and powerful politician and a humble sim card retailer ....or am I totally wrong ?

Does he deserve a reprimand and a chance to change his ways.

Yes.

Does he deserve to be sat in a prison away from his family .

Absolutely not.

Shame on you true. 

If he goes to prison, you can stick my subscription right where the sun don't shine. 

I wish the pm could see the humour of this, It's actually a compliment that his picture was used. 

First of all, I don't understand the headline(as usual).

What does "Pattaya man who impersonated  PM" mean?, referring to a man who sold sim cards in his Pattaya store and apparently decided to impersonate the Thai prime minister one day?

Did this clown tell foreigners who came in the store "I am the PM of Thailand and I decided today to sell sim cards so buy your sim cards from me" with  an intention to sell more and the foreigners actually believed him and bought their sim cards from him and not elsewhere because they thought Thai PM was selling sim cards in a store in Pattaya that day?

Did he try to talk and look like him, dress like him?

I am really confused.Please help!:crazy:

I don't get it!

I really don't!

Edited by pattayadude

If he had used a bit of brain power he could have just  poured  gasoline over the real PM's  head and then gotten bail, killing  two birds with one stone so to speak